I got to see Kuroda for the first time yesterday | Syracusefan.com

I got to see Kuroda for the first time yesterday

CaliCuse

All American
What impressed me was that he is a harder pitcher mph wise than I expected . He hit 94 on the radar gun a couple times and his slider or sinker has a quality ability to draw ground balls Much better than I expected initially. Any pitcher with a quality slider is going to be a winner if they can hit the zones to the batter . Either an inside jam or a n out side wave will get the batter out consistently. the slider is the best pitch in baseball if thrown correctly. Of course a change up combined with a 95+ mph fastball will make a batter look like a little leaguer.:eek:

What impressed me was that he is a harder pitcher mph wise than I expected . He hit 94 on the radar gun a couple times and his slider or sinker has a quality ability to draw ground balls Much better than I expected initially. Any pitcher with a quality slider is going to be a winner if they can hit the zones to the batter . Either an inside jam or a n out side wave will get the batter out consistently. the slider is the best pitch in baseball if thrown correctly. Of course a change up combined with a 95+ mph fastball will make a batter look like a little leaguer.:eek:
Yeah Cali, where did this guy come from anyway? Sure glad Cashman was able to find him under that rock.

Yeah Cali, where did this guy come from anyway? Sure glad Cashman was able to find him under that rock.
Yeah I kind of anticipated that from some tool. Just because I live out here doesn't mean I follow any of these teams . My allegiance is still east of the Mississippi in most sports. With modern communications and a few $ I can follow them closely. I'm surprised you haven't figured that out by now . I occasionally will take a peek at a UCLA game in basketball in case they meet up with the Orangemen. I don't watch anything to do with USC or Stanford or any other school teams Base ball is not even close to being watched. If its not the Yankees its a waste of my time. I just gt Roku to wi-fi MLB games this preseason so seeing Kuroda wasn't an option before . Any other insults you care to throw at me? Its early enough in the day for you to work out another slam. Bring it on.Since my moving to California ,I've only gone to one live event and that was to see the Orangemen get wiped by USC on September 17th of last year . Yeah that was loads of fun. But I did meet up with a member of the Athletic department who was pretty much in the dark about the ACC news that would break the next day. He came over to say hello to my son who is friends with him. Nice guy. :confused:

Yeah I kind of anticipated that from some tool. Just because I live out here doesn't mean I follow any of these teams . My allegiance is still east of the Mississippi in most sports. With modern communications and a few $ I can follow them closely. I'm surprised you haven't figured that out by now . I occasionally will take a peek at a UCLA game in basketball in case they meet up with the Orangemen. I don't watch anything to do with USC or Stanford or any other school teams Base ball is not even close to being watched. If its not the Yankees its a waste of my time. I just gt Roku to wi-fi MLB games this preseason so seeing Kuroda wasn't an option before . Any other insults you care to throw at me? Its early enough in the day for you to work out another slam. Bring it on.Since my moving to California ,I've only gone to one live event and that was to see the Orangemen get wiped by USC on September 17th of last year . Yeah that was loads of fun. But I did meet up with a member of the Athletic department who was pretty much in the dark about the ACC news that would break the next day. He came over to say hello to my son who is friends with him. Nice guy. :confused:
I was fairly sure you knew who Kuroda was (as your post above shows), so why make your initial post and then act offended when someone responds? Maybe I'm wrong, but I would think most people who follow a team closely (as you clearly do) would have at least a passing interest in other teams and their players, and would have some familiarity with a guy playing under their nose.

I will take it as a compliment that you consider me a "tool" but would actually prefer "asshat."

I was fairly sure you knew who Kuroda was (as your post above shows), so why make your initial post and then act offended when someone responds? Maybe I'm wrong, but I would think most people who follow a team closely (as you clearly do) would have at least a passing interest in other teams and their players, and would have some familiarity with a guy playing under their nose.

I will take it as a compliment that you consider me a "tool" but would actually prefer "asshat."
I'm generally sorry I stooped to using a derogatory word like that but if you prefer "asshat" its your call. but isn't that very close to s#it hea&d? I usually reserve that for the very worse in society.Extremw conservatives who use religion for their anchor.:crazy:

I'm generally sorry I stooped to using a derogatory word like that but if you prefer "asshat" its your call. but isn't that very close to s#it hea&d? I usually reserve that for the very worse in society.Extremw conservatives who use religion for their anchor.:crazy:
I'll settle for "tool" then. :)

I'll settle for "tool" then. :)
Good choice and I will refrain from repeating it. I promise. I never break my word It was ingrained in me at a very young age by my father.;)

I expect Kuroda to be excellent, even in the American League. I don't think he is the dominating "#2" that I would like to have going into the postseason. I think Pineda is the only one in the rotation with the potential to be that. If he gets over the tendinitis and starts to realize his potential before the end of the season, I think they can win a World Series. If not, I still think they can make the postseason, but I won't like their chances as much in a short series.

I hope the guy gets over his tendinitis
I expect Kuroda to be excellent, even in the American League. I don't think he is the dominating "#2" that I would like to have going into the postseason. I think Pineda is the only one in the rotation with the potential to be that. If he gets over the tendinitis and starts to realize his potential before the end of the season, I think they can win a World Series. If not, I still think they can make the postseason, but I won't like their chances as much in a short series.
but from my experience and observation,its the kind of thing that never really goes away and can reoccur as soon as stress is reintroduced. he could very well be just another Cashman pitching loss Giving up Montero considering what the Yanks have in the systen farm wise made a lot of sense. The y might want to include MRIs in the future for checking the player's health. Joint stress in major league players in any sport is common and needs to be micro examined before contracts and deals are finalized. If the regulations and unions allow this without objections. They shouldn't . If they do it can be presumed they don't mind selling damaged goods. I guess I wouldn't be totally shocked at this.:bat:

I prefer a split-finger fastball
Only if it sinks and works like a change up Down the middle=out of the park. Of course thats true for most pitches to a good hitter.BTW Entirely a different subject but I hope Swisher has a big year including the playoffs IF the Yanks get ther. Its Nick's free agent year coming up andif the Yankees think they want to give a kid a chance to play at far less money, they mighthave the rest of the offense to allow for an experiment out there. Bret Gardner will need to keep his steal numbers up. They,the Yankees have a few kids with great speed and defense coming up. Santana Williams and others. I think Santana has a phenomenal arm according to scouting reports.

Only if it sinks and works like a change up Down the middle=out of the park. Of course thats true for most pitches to a good hitter.BTW Entirely a different subject but I hope Swisher has a big year including the playoffs IF the Yanks get ther. Its Nick's free agent year coming up andif the Yankees think they want to give a kid a chance to play at far less money, they mighthave the rest of the offense to allow for an experiment out there. Bret Gardner will need to keep his steal numbers up. They,the Yankees have a few kids with great speed and defense coming up. Santana Williams and others. I think Santana has a phenomenal arm according to scouting reports.
too bad about pineda, I was excited to see him pitch this spring. Hopefully he can get back to 100% within 2 months