I guess it is Anthony's fault Knicks are losing? | Syracusefan.com

I guess it is Anthony's fault Knicks are losing?

He only has 1 assist!!!

Wonder why. These guys suck.

He could take 50 shots tonight and I wouldn't have a problem with it.

JR Smith has mentally checked out of this series.

edit: smith tech, this game is over.

the knicks are old all around, and indy is just younger and better, pretty simple really

JR Smith has mentally checked out of this series.

edit: smith tech, this game is over.

Smith is such an idiot. It's bad enough that he is sucking, but then he's playing like a moron on top of it. Then, if that isn't bad enough, he gets a T right at a time where the Knicks are just barely staying in the game and needing to keep it close until half.

Hopefully for Melo's sake, someone else will still want to waste too much money on Smith this summer. Otherwise, Melo can't get away from him.

I don't see how anyone could play a pickup game with him without wanting to kill him, let alone spend multiple seasons as his teammate.

Smith is such an idiot. It's bad enough that he is sucking, but then he's playing like a moron on top of it. Then, if that isn't bad enough, he gets a T right at a time where the Knicks are just barely staying in the game and needing to keep it close until half.

Hopefully for Melo's sake, someone else will still want to waste too much money on Smith this summer. Otherwise, Melo can't get away from him.

I don't see how anyone could play a pickup game with him without wanting to kill him, let alone spend multiple seasons as his teammate.
he is tantalizing because he can get hot and score a bunch of points, but at the end of the day he is mentally weak and just kind of a dumb player. he plays checkers not chess.

Sure just like it was Ewing's fault they never won a title...even though in 12 years or whatever they never gave him a guard who could shoot worth a damn.

ny again called for way more fouls and indy has shot nearly 2x free throws.. pretty much how the whole series has gone..

Sure just like it was Ewing's fault they never won a title...even though in 12 years or whatever they never gave him a guard who could shoot worth a damn.

And put three thugs along side of him who could rebound and elbow people but not score when it counted. I never liked Johnson, Oak or Mason in NY. They should have developed John Wallace. He could have been a good scorer for them. Too bad they choked on Johnson's contract and had to dump JDub.

People can say what they want! Shumpert got hot whatevs, but the Knicks werr out of this game without MElo's transendent offensive performance to start the 3rd which is what lead to his teamates getting open looks. If there is one thing the playoffs have shown about the Knicks its that they are MElo and without him they blow bog time.

Hibbert should have been tossed at the end of the last game, shouldn't even be in this game. With 2 minutes left Chandler went up to dunk a pass and Hibbert came down with both arms across Chandler's and hit him in face, no call, should have been Flagrant 2 and ejection, worse then JR's elbow, should have missed 1 game.

And put three thugs along side of him who could rebound and elbow people but not score when it counted. I never liked Johnson, Oak or Mason in NY. They should have developed John Wallace. He could have been a good scorer for them. Too bad they choked on Johnson's contract and had to dump JDub.

Really? Is my sarcasm meter way off on this one?

44cuse

Shump has many benefits, but I'd love to see the Knicks get a 2 who can consistently get into the lane, even as a replacement for JR.

Totally agree that Melo choked. He only went for 39 (shot over 50%) & 7 & 2 measley assists.

The Knicks lost by 7 & were out rebounded by 7. It is apparent Melo needed to score 8 more & get 7 more rebounds. Any bona fide superstar would not have had a problem putting up 47 & 14 in that situation.

Lay it on Melo - Felton & Kidd were fabulous - each with zero buckets. They just didn't want to get in Melo's way, but Melo simply couldn't get it done.

Chandler was terrific in the middle - his 2 points & 6 boards totally dominated & unhibited Hibbert & Ty held him to 21 & 12, a difference that Melo should have easily made up. Not to mention his T's - only done to give Indiana a fair chance.

Stevenson went for 25 - where was Melo's D ???? So what if he wasn't Melo's man to guard ????

And most importantly, JR added 15 big ones. So what if it came only 27% shooting, he was only missing to enable Melo to pad his O board stats.

Yes, and we won't mention the reffing. No ticky tack fouls called on any Knick.

Yes, this was a game and a series where the Knicks looked dominant other than Melo not playing up to his hype.

Really don't want to be THAT guy but the reffing was incredibly lopsided. In a series that is that physical, it simply defies logic that one team commits twice as many fouls and shoots half as many FTS as the other in EVERY game, both on the stat sheet and the eye test. There have been comments from the analysts during every game about some questionable call or another. Yeah, the Knicks had guys that sucked, but when the officiating was statistically near even, the Knicks won those periods, like yesterdays third. The Pacers will likely get dusted in any game they don't have a big edge in the foul department. Plus, the Pacers flop all the time.

Is it me or does Indiana get the benefit of the doubt on every foul call. How is what Chandler did on his 5th foul any different then what Hibbert does ALL THE TIME!

I have to admit I thought the complaining about the officiating was over the top at times, but that was the call where I thought maybe everyone was right cuz it did feel lopsided w/ some of the contact Hibbert gets away with. Just a bizarre call considering a lot of the contact going on at the other end of the floor the possessions leading up to that.

Melo should have shot 150 free throws this series if that's a foul. lol

One thing I always respected about Melo is that he WANTED to be in NY, and he fully accepts what that means.
Of course he'll take the blame when they lose, just like he'll get most of the credit when they win. That's what being the Alpha is all about.
He's in his prime, has the right attitude for NY, & there's still time to fill-in-the-pieces to make it work. The Knickerbockers' future looks bright!

Melo had a really strong game last night. The fourth qtr sucked, yeah, but he didn't get much help outside of Shump.

I feel like I am obligated to point out that if Lebron was in Melo's shoes last night, he would be getting absolutely killed in the press for his 4th Q performance

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom