I had a great honor tonight | Syracusefan.com

I had a great honor tonight

jgeorge322

Living Legend
i was invited to a christmas party for frank nicolleti's firm. mr nicoletti played with mr bing and coach. i do business with some of his partners. i was fortunate enough to meet mr dave bing, who was in attendance. i wont lie, i was star struck. he was very gracious to take a picture with me. when i told him i am a huge syracuse fan, he said, "so am i!" i didn't take too much of his time but i was sure to tell him he is the most important syracuse recruit of all time. he says he is going to try and make it to the st johns game this weekend. awesome night! Go cuse!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 127
Congrats on your night, I imagine it must have felt great! As for being the most important recruit, I have to agree, and it reaches beyond just hoops. Dave took on a humongous task in trying to fix up Detroit and I admire him for that even without looking into his policies. Events like the one you attended can serve as a reminder that even the greatest athletes can still reach higher after their playing days are done, if they choose to. Hopefully incoming recruits can see the amount success later in life that came from that one team alone and picture themselves following those footsteps when they're done playing.

Not to mention, I miss those Christmas parties and all the free food...especially the ones with booze as well. I'd give your post a "like" for that alone!

When still living in Michigan, I went to a Pistons game with my older son perhaps a dozen years ago on a pair of comp tickets he got from a friend's dad. We were a few rows behind the visitors' bench. Before the game, I stood and looked around a bit. Perhaps ten rows directly behind me sat Dave Bing. I went up and introduced myself and told of my SU affiliation. We chatted for a minute and I left him in peace. Nice guy. As I recall, Raf Addison played in that game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom