I hate Twitter sometimes | Syracusefan.com

I hate Twitter sometimes

Frozen

2022 Cali Winner (Rushing Yards)
When it was announced that Pitino would be hired by Iona, Sean Keeley (founder of Nunes Magician) wondered via Twitter if this means that JB would schedule Iona.

I replied that it was unlikely, because except for Rob Murphy at Eastern Michigan, JB doesn’t have much history scheduling former assistants.

He replied that JB has scheduled plenty of former assistants such as Orr at Siena, Welsh at Iona and Morgan at Long Beach. So I looked into it, and JB never scheduled those schools while his former assistants were there.

So I pointed that out to Keeley. No reply yet, of course.

tldr; frustrated with Sean Keeley for weird reasons and blaming Twitter for it

How is it weird? His point was that JB has scheduled his former assistants lots of times; in reality, JB almost never does it.

How is it weird? His point was that JB has scheduled his former assistants lots of times; in reality, JB almost never does it.
Why is it twitters fault?

We scheduled providence for years and Louisville for years with Pitino at the helm. Doesn’t that count?

Other than the Rob Murphy games you mention, the only other one I can think of was when Stevie Thompson was coaching D2 Cal State -LA or something, and they came in for an exhibition. (and he's a former player, not a former assistant)

Last edited:
Other than the Rob Murphy games you mention, the only other one I can think of was when Stevie Thompson was coaching D2 Cal State -LA or something, and they came in for an exhibition. (and he's a former player, not a former assistant)

SU did play Pitino and UK in a home and home in the mid 90s. And Scott Hicks and Albany a few times. But that’s it.

We scheduled providence for years and Louisville for years with Pitino at the helm. Doesn’t that count?
Wait. This has to be sarcasm just without the Courier New font, right?

Can’t duck conference foes.