I have a hard time thinking that Andy Pettitte will come back as | Syracusefan.com

I have a hard time thinking that Andy Pettitte will come back as

CaliCuse

All American
effective as he was when he left. Its not like he is a kid with a need for a vacation. At his age to maintain major league ability regardless of his exercise regime is stacking the odds on a successful comeback . I hope he can because his younger teammate Phil Hughes still hasn't figured it out yet and the pitching coach clearly isn't helping him or the organization . Phil needs a hard slider and a change up to go with his mediocre fastball and ineffective curve. Freddy just can't fire a fastball any more due to his age. Remarkably Feldman in yesterday's game looked like Freddy but the Yanks couldn't put together hits to generate enough runs to over come Phil's failure.

I have my doubts about Pettitte as well, but he will likely be better than Garcia and Hughes have been lately; that is no saying much.

I have my doubts about Pettitte as well, but he will likely be better than Garcia and Hughes have been lately; that is no saying much.
If Andy can't or doesn't pitch well Cashman will be forced to do something either in a trade or call up of their best farm boy at the time. Pineda is just bad luck. Not yet a "bad trade" Power pitchers by definition put excess stress on the human arm.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom