I have a real problem with Tyus Battle | Syracusefan.com

I have a real problem with Tyus Battle

Zepharus

Starter
Leaving after this year... this guy has really come alive and is truly the life blood of the team and program right now. Dude has become one of my favorite players for the way he carries himself and attacks. Unrealistic to think that JG3 is going to fill that void so after this season Im seeing gaping holes, and Im not talking about my personal life here. Dude is gonna be missed bigtime

One thing about college athletics: there is always attrition, and key players move on just about every year.

The challenge is how to replace them. I'm glad that we have players like Hughes / Boeheim who will be able to step in and fill the void left by Tyus's departure. They won't be able to replicate all of what he brings to the table, but they'll bring different skill sets to the table.

Given how Tyus has been playing lately, we should all enjoy him while we can. Class act, hard worker, he's improved his game each year, and he's been a fine representative of our program -- on and off the court. Very easy kid to root for. Hope he makes it big in the NBA.

Who knows, maybe him and OB have another talk and decide to come back next year and win a natty

Hughes is very good too. Let him work out the kinks this year and taste march.

When a player of Tyus' caliber departs, it creates opportunity. It's always fun watching to see who grabs that opportunity and runs with it. We have several players who could, but will they?

Elijah? Definitely!
Oshae? I think so.
Marek? Maybe.
Jalen? Might need one more year, but could surprise.
Buddy? Seems likely.
Braswell? I honestly have no idea.
JG3? No data yet.

I miss the old days when every year we'd have 1-2 guys like this that would graduate. There was always some sadness at the end of the season because you felt like you knew these guys since they'd played for 4 seasons. The flip side was that there was always someone else ready to step in who had been in the program. There seemed to be less uncertainty from year to year than there is now.

Who knows, maybe him and OB have another talk and decide to come back next year and win a natty

I feel like Tyus tried doing that this year.

I miss the old days when every year we'd have 1-2 guys like this that would graduate. There was always some sadness at the end of the season because you felt like you knew these guys since they'd played for 4 seasons. The flip side was that there was always someone else ready to step in who had been in the program. There seemed to be less uncertainty from year to year than there is now.
We're getting back to that. Sanctions hurt that strategy. Now good program kids in the pike - Buddy, JG3, Marek, Sid.

Sprinkle in the studs - like Battle and the team will rise. Looks like we get another year out of OB, and QG looks to be a player. Don't know about JC and Goodine yet, and where they fall.

Tyus has been our James Harden lite in our last few victories. He is getting some good practice in the creating something out of nothing style offense that dominates the NBA today. If his shooting range improves he could really turn into a solid NBA player. He has the necessary length and athleticism to succeed on the defensive end. The NBA seems to bring out the shooting potential in people somehow. Grant is now a serious threat from NBA range which I certainly did not expect at all.

I really hope Tyus gets drafted, but right now I dont think he's going to.

I love his game for college, but don't think it translates well.

He keeps this up he will be a first round pick.

Honestly more enamored about his passing and assist numbers than his scoring output (which has been efficient). Never thought I'd see him with even more than 1 game with 6-7+ assists before his syracuse career was over. Very glad to be proven wrong.

Completely agree.

Feels like we've had a lot of those players that are really good for college but not quite good enough for the NBA.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennie87

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom