I have to wonder... | Syracusefan.com

I have to wonder...

LAOrange

Starter
It's obvious that the recruiting services use certain schools and recruiters to level the recruits. If Duke or UNC go after b-ball kids they're automatically considered great recruits. If FSU, Ohio State or Alabama are interested in football, the ratings inevitably go up. I have to wonder if the all of these 3-stars won't get an extra consideration because they're being recruited by Coach Fran. Of the 11 kids in the 2025 class at least four should be four-star.

It's obvious that the recruiting services use certain schools and recruiters to level the recruits. If Duke or UNC go after b-ball kids they're automatically considered great recruits. If FSU, Ohio State or Alabama are interested in football, the ratings inevitably go up. I have to wonder if the all of these 3-stars won't get an extra consideration because they're being recruited by Coach Fran. Of the 11 kids in the 2025 class at least four should be four-star.
Who do you feel should be rated 4*?

I think the Fran Bump is a real thing now. Buzz doesn't win games, but it sure helps recruit players that do.

Peer offers matter to some degree. The question is will the evaluators give Fran the benefit of the doubt or will they get the Syracuse effect anyway. Fact is the last few unrated kids are in the Dinosphere excep for the CBA kid who I think had 5 power 4 offers.