I hope the ACC adds UConn... | Syracusefan.com

I hope the ACC adds UConn...

Scooch

Living Legend
I know... recruiting...freeze them out... BC "blocks" them (hahaha)... whatever.

Ultimately this conference is going to live or die based on what UNC, UVA, VaTech, GaTech, NC State, FSU. & Clemson decide to do. And absolutely none of them is going to make a decision on whether or not they go to the B1G/SEC/Big 12 based on who our 14th member is, or is not.

Therefore I'd like to see the conference add a 4th truly northeastern school. It makes us the majority presence of major athletic schools in the region (4 ACC, 3 B1G), maintains our 3 northeastern games a year in football (assuming they just get swapped into the division for MD), gives us another longtime hoops rival to play, gives us a potential 4th voting member of a northeastern block (equaling the 4 NC schools), and gives ME a game 45 minutes from my house every other year (most important).

Louisville's a great athletic department, but their addition is not keeping anyone in the conference that's already contemplating leaving. So lets just add another northeastern team.

How much is cuseguy paying you?

I'll double it.

How much is cuseguy paying you?

I'll double it.

I'm fully expecting this conference to get blown to hell, so might as well invite a team that's familiar and close.

Sigh.

Invite the three of UConn, Cinn, and Louisville. ND isn't joining the ACC for football or any other conference any time soon. That blocks out the Big12 from adding them and then who can the Big12 really add?

I think it will be UConn also. The ACC presidents refused to consider WVU because of academics. Don't see them going for Lville either unless there is some future strategic plan at play.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

No invite for Cinci! I'd rather take a crack at West Virginia if we add UConn and Louisville!

Invite the three of UConn, Cinn, and Louisville. ND isn't joining the ACC for football or any other conference any time soon. That blocks out the Big12 from adding them and then who can the Big12 really add?

Haha. You mean besides adding FSU, Clemson, GaTech and Miami?

Please no Cincinnati.

I think it will be UConn also. The ACC presidents refused to consider WVU because of academics. Don't see them going for Lville either unless there is some future strategic plan at play.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Agreed.

If they just take UCONN we will be saying they made the same mistake when they did not take Rutgers after or at the same time they took SU and PITT. So, IMHO, take the best two teams available and leave the door open for ND. He**, get their input on the two teams and further bring them along and hook"em...(bad reference - HA!)

At some point they're going to have to suck it up if they want to compete athletically.

As someone mentioned, pass on WVU, only to take Ville... fail.

Take Uconn and keep the academics and geography in tact. Don't piss those two strenths away by inviting the ville and cincy.

Haha. You mean besides adding FSU, Clemson, GaTech and Miami?

You really think the conference that is destined to be swallowed by the PAC (a matter of when, not if) is a threat to take those schools?

If they are, then the leaders of those schools are dumber than rocks.

You really think the conference that is destined to be swallowed by the PAC (a matter of when, not if) is a threat to take those schools?

If they are, then the leaders of those schools are dumber than rocks.

Yes and yes.

I also think that's unfair to rocks. Comparing them to the BOT of FSU is low.

If they just take UCONN we will be saying they made the same mistake when they did not take Rutgers after or at the same time they took SU and PITT. So, IMHO, take the best two teams available and leave the door open for ND. He**, get their input on the two teams and further bring them along and hook"em...(bad reference - HA!)

Why was the acc not taking Rutgers a mistake? The ACC needs quality teams vs the big 10 wanting cable subscribers. Rutgers is more valuable to the big 10 than to the acc because the big 10 is a more valuable conference. The ACC meeds teams that make the conference a higher quality product and Rutgers doesnt do that.

End game, fsu's decision to stay or go doesnt change with Rutgers in the acc or not.

Best/easiest way for this to happen is if current members actually start winning football games. No reason for FSU and Clemson to lose every single big game they play, and there's no reason why more than 2 ACC teams shouldn't be ranked.

Game. Set. Match.

This was mentioned in another thread and was generally accepted. I don't agree completely but there is a point in there. I don't like Rutgers either, but Rutgers or UCONN based on Football and future potential? Rutgers in their market vs Louisville or Cincinnati? So let's say that we take UCONN and the next best team "IE" is Louisville and we don't take them now and they go to the Big 12, who do we get after them? Cinci?
I am just saying, get the two best teams NOW and leave the door open for the eventual, yes eventual ND. They really have no where else to go.

The ACC needs quality teams vs the big 10 wanting cable subscribers. Rutgers is more valuable to the big 10 than to the acc because the big 10 is a more valuable conference. The ACC meeds teams that make the conference a higher quality product and Rutgers doesnt do that.

Yep exactly. B1G wants to force NJ residents to watch Wisconsin/Nebraska. They don't care if Rutgers itself places dead last every year in the B1G conference until eternity. Cable subscription packaging makes this profitable.

ACC doesn't have a network so taking bad teams doesn't help them. But also there are really no good teams left to take, hence why they will not go to 16. They'll take 1 school and get back to 14 and sit there which is the correct decision for ACC.

I could care less who is added unless their initials are N and D; I only care about who's leaving and how many are going. At this point it's the only thing that matters.

I am going to be shocked if the ACC drops its academic standards and takes UL. Which schools will vote for them?

Don't agree with 14. If we add one to get to 14 then where does ND go eventually. get the next best team NOW!
Just my opinion.....we will see

Why was the acc not taking Rutgers a mistake? The ACC needs quality teams vs the big 10 wanting cable subscribers. Rutgers is more valuable to the big 10 than to the acc because the big 10 is a more valuable conference. The ACC meeds teams that make the conference a higher quality product and Rutgers doesnt do that.

End game, fsu's decision to stay or go doesnt change with Rutgers in the acc or not.

I don't know if I agree with that. If the ACC could add a member that would substantially increase its revenue dollars, they would asap, that team could be as shitty as all get out. FSU would stay put if it was assured the same payout as the SEC or B1G. This is all about 'show me the money.' They see themselves as an elite football program entitled to the same dollars as their in-state rival UF, not to mention the 'lessor' schools in those conferences getting higher payouts. In my opinion, if the money was the same, they would remain put...it's not about increasing the league's reputation...it's not like they themselves have been stellar in recent years. Money equals validation...

If SU, BC, Pitt became powerhouses, that would not increase the money, it's all about potential marketshare and TV $$$.

This was mentioned in another thread and was generally accepted. I don't agree completely but there is a point in there. I don't like Rutgers either, but Rutgers or UCONN based on Football and future potential? Rutgers in their market vs Louisville or Cincinnati? So let's say that we take UCONN and the next best team "IE" is Louisville and we don't take them now and they go to the Big 12, who do we get after them? Cinci?
I am just saying, get the two best teams NOW and leave the door open for the eventual, yes eventual ND. They really have no where else to go.

Why do we care if Louisville goes to the Big 12? Cincy too for that matter?

I only care about the 4 state schools in VA & NC and the southern footprint of the league staying put. That happens and we're good. That doesn't happen and we're screwed.