I hope the winningest coach who never | Syracusefan.com

I hope the winningest coach who never

Capt. Tuttle

Living Legend
coached at Army comes on the board to figure out all of the problems with his team so we can stop losing and start blowing teams out.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk

coached at Army comes on the board to figure out all of the problems with his team so we can stop losing and start blowing teams out.

Actually, he agrees with the problems mentioned. In fact, unlike most here, he isn't sure we are one of the 2 best teams in the country.

It's hard to deny our most glaring weaknesses. We can't rebound, and we don't shoot the ball particularly well. We've struggled a little over the last couple weeks but have pulled out wins anyway, which is good, but we haven't been particularly impressive lately.

Seriously? We are a poor defensive rebounding team and are not shooting the ball well.

What is wrong with pointing that out and discussing it?

44cuse

Actually, he agrees with the problems mentioned. In fact, unlike most here, he isn't sure we are one of the 2 best teams in the country.
Positives outweigh negatives. That's why they are 27-1. If you look at any top team in the country's schedule and scores they are very similar to SU's, yes even UK. They were out rebounded by 5 today, at times looked to be going through the motions and still won.

btw it's not just us that think we have one of the top 2 teams in the Country.

Positives outweigh negatives. That's why they are 27-1. If you look at any top team in the country's schedule and scores they are very similar to SU's, yes even UK. They were out rebounded by 5 today, at times looked to be going through the motions and still won.

Ya think? And fans of those other teams while happy for wins also point out a player playing bad, a bad trend happening, or a phase of the game that needs to get better. The number of posts today about how bad the board is are worse than the posts that actually pointed out something negative.

btw it's not just us that think we have one of the top 2 teams in the Country.

No it's not. But listen to our coach.

No it's not. But listen to our coach.
Those same people probably think Pitt is second best in the BE as well. Just kidding. You are playing devils advocate and i have no problem with it.

Ya think? And fans of those other teams while happy for wins also point out a player playing bad, a bad trend happening, or a phase of the game that needs to get better. The number of posts today about how bad the board is are worse than the posts that actually pointed out something negative.
The board and the chatroom are almost unbearable. There is no joy in the best season we have ever had. Our players are derided at almost every turn. Is it fair to question certain aspects of our play? Sure. But most of us don't go to the chats anymore. Why do you suppose that is? There are psoitives to post about this team. You wouldn't know it.

Those same people probably think Pitt is second best in the BE as well. Just kidding. You are playing devils advocate and i have no problem with it.

I'm not playing devils advocate at all. My first post after the game said a win is a win and thanked scoop and cj. The win is all that matters today. But that doesn't mean that the team has some things they really need to work on if we are to be successful and that there were a lot of problems today too.

I'm not playing devils advocate at all. My first post after the game said a win is a win and thanked scoop and cj. The win is all that matters today. But that doesn't mean that the team has some things they really need to work on if we are to be successful and that there were a lot of problems today too.
I didn't see that, now I understand. sorry

The board and the chatroom are almost unbearable. There is no joy in the best season we have ever had. Our players are derided at almost every turn. Is it fair to question certain aspects of our play? Sure. But most of us don't go to the chats anymore. Why do you suppose that is? There are psoitives to post about this team. You wouldn't know it.
I agree with you on the chatroom. I went in there for one basketball and one football game and I was embarrassed. I don't mind criticizing players - I do it too - but some of that stuff was WAY over the top. Very personal shots at the guys. I'm embarrassed to say that I used to say some pretty bad stuff in the heat of the moment during the games - but I grew up.

The board and the chatroom are almost unbearable. There is no joy in the best season we have ever had. Our players are derided at almost every turn. Is it fair to question certain aspects of our play? Sure. But most of us don't go to the chats anymore. Why do you suppose that is? There are positives to post about this team. You wouldn't know it.

we have the same 70-100 almost every game.

"There are positives to post about this team. You wouldn't know it."

Want to explain that comment?

What is unbearable is relentless cheerleading when there are significant problems staring you in the face.

What is unbearable is relentless cheerleading when there are significant problems staring you in the face.

I'm with you. Isn't the point of a sports message board to discuss the team, and express opinions?

we have the same 70-100 almost every game.

"There are positives to post about this team. You wouldn't know it."

Want to explain that comment?
Sure. The team has a lot of positives but you wouldn't know it reading the board. It wasn't referring to you or anyone in particular. And to those that say isn't a message board the perfect place to talk about our weaknesses. Of course it is. My point is that there are posters, most of them newbies, who never post anything positive after a game. The first post seen after a nice win was all in caps calling for Jb to take control of the team. To get Dion out of the game. For many of us, chat rooms during the games were great. Now, most of our long time posters won't go in there. This has nothing to do with discussion. It has to do with, the talk is we suck. We are getting knocked out the first weekend. That gets old. CTO amazes me that she sticks it out.

I honestly don't see much "relentless cheerleading" on this board.

I do see quite a few posters that understand the waters get deeper as you move through the conference schedule and into the postseason, and that you don't get to "win pretty" every time out.

Of course it's constructive to discuss things the team needs to work on.
I just get a kick out of the posters who seem to view our team with blinders on - like we're the only highly-regarded team with issues right now. Aside from Kentucky (and perhaps Missouri, though I'm still not sold their personnel can get them to New Orleans) if you do an honest assessment of any other team, each of them have had just as many (or more) questionable games of late and have just as many (or more) weaknesses as SU.
Just as JB recently stated, we're right there in a group of 7-8 teams that have what it take to potentially win it all. And we're 27-1 in one of the toughest conferences in the country.

Of course it's constructive to discuss things the team needs to work on.
I just get a kick out of the posters who seem to view our team with blinders on - like we're the only highly-regarded team with issues right now. Aside from Kentucky (and perhaps Missouri, though I'm still not sold their personnel can get them to New Orleans) if you do an honest assessment of any other team, each of them have had just as many (or more) questionable games of late and have just as many (or more) weaknesses as SU.
Just as JB recently stated, we're right there in a group of 7-8 teams that have what it take to potentially win it all. And we're 27-1 in one of the toughest conferences in the country.
UK is going to be in a dog fight tuesday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom