I hope we get the 8/9 seed | Syracusefan.com

I hope we get the 8/9 seed

If not sarcastic: Sheesh! We aren't close to getting an 8 or 9 seed. :rolleyes:

If sarcastic: :D

Get by and play the #1 in the next round. All in.
Imagine the holy stuff moment Gonzaga would have when they were rewarded with their 1st ever #1 seed and they saw Syracuse in the 2nd round. Mark Few would be pissed. Honestly, college basketball is really poor this year, and anybody can beat anybody. I do think Duke with Ryan Kelly is at a level above everyone else, but they are no lock to win it all either. The only positive I can think of in the tournament is that we will see a new team and not Big East team's. I just want to be bracketed with anybody west of the Mississippi. Give me the MWC, Pac-12, Big XII teams we haven't played in a while and see what we can do. Knowing the committee we will get bracketed with Duke, Indiana and be pissed.

Imagine the holy stuff moment Gonzaga would have when they were rewarded with their 1st ever #1 seed and they saw Syracuse in the 2nd round.

Was thinking the same thing this morning. For as bad as we are offensively, our defense has been pretty darn good. Good enough to provide at least a shred of hope for post season success.

If we lose our first big east tourny game I could see us getting an 8 seed.

If we lose our first big east tourny game I could see us getting an 8 seed.
Palm has us a 5 right now. It'd be hard to see us dropping 3 seed lines because of a loss on a neutral court to USF/Seton Hall. I'd guuess we'd be a 7 in that situation.

That 8 seeds now are Missouri, Oregon, UNC, Creighton. Even if we lost on Wednesday our resume is better than all of those teams.

I think a 7 seed is our floor. Don't see anyway we are an 8 or 9.

If we are anything but a 4 (with some wins in the BET), 5 (most likely), or 6, I will be absolutely stunned.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom