I knew it might not end well when... | Syracusefan.com

I knew it might not end well when...

br801

Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner Hoops Leading Scorer
that Dayton 3 from straight on hit the back iron, reacted like a ten pound stone dropped in wet sand, and fell softly through the net. That felt like a message from the basketball gods.

Still, this team kept battling and nearly advanced despite the many critical issues standing in their way last night. I'll let others here do the piling on. For me, the season in its entirety was a great ride, with many fantastic moments. Kudos to the players and coaching staff. Can't wait for the next ride to begin.

Clearly Dayton's version of a banked 3 - that was so unusual that took me a couple of moment to realise what happened on that shot.

that Dayton 3 from straight on hit the back iron, reacted like a ten pound stone dropped in wet sand, and fell softly through the net. That felt like a message from the basketball gods.

Still, this team kept battling and nearly advanced despite the many critical issues standing in their way last night. I'll let others here do the piling on. For me, the season in its entirety was a great ride, with many great moments. Kudos to the players and coaching staff. Can't wait for the next ride to begin.

Yep, the guy crotched a freaking 3 and it fell in. I had the same reaction. Oh Lord

Clearly Dayton's version of a banked 3 - that was so unusual that took me a couple of moment to realise what happened on that shot.
Highly unusual. You could put a shooter out there for hours trying to replicate that and I'd bet against it happening.

I knew it wasn't going to end well when we lost to Georgia tech at home
Now that the B-ball season is over we an watch baseball and wait for the football team to disappoint us before getting excited about basketball again. It ain't easy being an Orange fan.

i told my wife that that kid skoochi was the type of kid to hit a dagger 3 to win the game.....he didn't do that but he was certainly instrumental

Now that the B-ball season is over we an watch baseball and wait for the football team to disappoint us before getting excited about basketball again. It ain't easy being an Orange fan.

I advise you NOT to tune into the SU vs Duke lax game right now.

i told my wife that that kid skoochi was the type of kid to hit a dagger 3 to win the game...he didn't do that but he was certainly instrumental
Death to Skoochi

I knew it was not going to end well...before I started watching the game. Let me explain:

We all know that SU and the t-shirt companies make a new SU shirt everytime someone on the Hill scratches his ass. SU starts 25-0: shirt. SU wins the Texas Bowl: shirt. SU beats Marquette to go to the Sweet 16: shirt.

So when the aforementioned games went final, I got four e-mails in my inbox asking me to buy a shirt. I was away on vacation during the Texas Bowl, but about 3.5 hours after the game started, I had four new e-mails on my phone, so I knew they had won.

On Saturday night I had DVR'd the game. Game started at 7:10. At 9:35 I checked my phone. No new e-mails. Nobody asking me to buy a Sweet 16 shirt. I started watching the game, knowing all the while that there would be no more wins and no more shirts this season.

I started watching the game, knowing all the while that there would be no more wins and no more shirts this season.
That's because that's what fans do. LGO!

My dad and I were just talking about that play yesterday.

Dayton bricktates a three. Gbinije has one look like it's going in then rims out.

Ballgame.

Should I not have watched the game?
No. I was only trying to point out that only a "fan" would watch a game he knows his team lost. You're a fan, it's not an insult.

No. I was only trying to point out that only a "fan" would watch a game he knows his team lost. You're a fan, it's not an insult.

Ok, thanks.

28114.jpg

i told my wife that that kid skoochi was the type of kid to hit a dagger 3 to win the game...he didn't do that but he was certainly instrumental

it's probably my fault...my buddy and I spent most of the Dayton/Ohio State game making fun of Scoochie's nickname.

It's still orders of magnitude better than being, say... a buttgers, uconn or nc state fan...

I knew it wasn't going to end well when JB stormed the court, tried to rip off his sports jacket but wasn't strong/flexible enough to get it off. I think JB may have been really pissed about that and took it out on the refs.

I knew it wasn't going to end well when Otto won top mascot of the tourney by SI.