I Know of Only One Other Game Like This | Syracusefan.com

I Know of Only One Other Game Like This

Col. Bleep

All American
This is so depressing...to have a 16 point lead turn into a 16 point deficit in about 12 minutes because we cannot handle pressure.

The only game I know of that rivals this is the biggest debacle ever...back in the Manley Fieldhouse days...'75.
Up by 21 at halftime against West Virginia...and we lost the game.
AT HOME.
On national television...when that was a really big deal in the pre-cable days.

This is so depressing...to have a 16 point lead turn into a 16 point deficit in about 12 minutes because we cannot handle pressure.

The only game I know of that this is the biggest debacle ever...back in the Manley Fieldhouse days...'75.
Up by 21 at halftime against West Virginia...and we lost the game.
AT HOME.
On national television...when that was a really big deal in the pre-cable days.
we went on to the final four that year. I remember the game.

NIT game against UMass in 2008 was similar - blew a 22 point lead in 15 minutes. Also, we did the same thing to Oklahoma St. in 2003, although we didn't wait until the 2nd half to start the run.

How about the Michigan State game in the 2000 NCAAs? I think it was in the Sweet 16. We were up double figures and got run out of the building down the stretch.

Also reminded me of when we messed the bed against Seton Hall in the 1993 BET championship game, although I don't remember if we were ever up in that game.

How about the Michigan State game in the 2000 NCAAs? I think it was in the Sweet 16. We were up double figures and got run out of the building down the stretch.
Didn't score like the last 8 minutes. I seem to remember a game at Freedom Hall (maybe before L'Ville was in the BE) where we had a big lead early and blew it as well.?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom