I know some here are questioning on who we hired | Syracusefan.com

I know some here are questioning on who we hired

retro44

Living Legend
but doesn't the NCAA require coaches to be under contract before they start recruiting kids for their program.

also my wife finally asked me why I never mentioned anything about Marrone,my response was to never mention his name again in "MY HOUSE"

And after listening to Damien Rhodes today I would think he would approve of my thoughts on Moron.

but doesn't the NCAA require coaches to be under contract before they start recruiting kids for their program.

also my wife finally asked me why I never mentioned anything about Marrone,my response was to never mention his name again in "MY HOUSE"

And after listening to Damien Rhodes today I would think he would approve of my thoughts on Moron.
What did Rhodes say?

what did rhodes say?

Basically said that everyone should get over Marrones "dream job" comment. His leaving was a business decision and that he (Damien) "has a different dream" every night.

But he also said that (and I'm paraphrasing) its extremely poor form for an Alumni to come back and rebuild the program only to gut it once he leaves. For someone who supposidly cared about the program as much as he proclaimed to, his actions were inexcusable.

Basically said that everyone should get over Marrones "dream job" comment. His leaving was a business decision and that he (Damien) "has a different dream" every night.

But he also said that (and I'm paraphrasing) its extremely poor form for an Alumni to come back and basically gut the football program. For someone who supposidly cared about the program as much as he proclaimed to, his actions were inexcusable.
that basically sums up most of our views here. It was the means to the ends that sucked, not the end.

The further away we move from this situation, the more I genuinely feel the SU program is in a better place without Marrone.

It feels like the entire SU community is using Ol' Tubesteak's actions to rally around the football program. I feel good with Shafer behind the wheel...

he said at first he supported doug and moving on to the nfl as dreams change every night

Then he said Marrone b.s us into thinking character and committments in our lives and to the schools were all about doug and only to doug.He said it was wrong for doug to empty the cabinets of our assistants when doug claimed he was doing this to make syracuse a better program.

You can tell he was really bitter about Marrone and bit his tongue on his true feelings

Damien also said the fans need to step and support the program by showing up for the games.

Plus he would really push for syracuse if F.M. had D-1 recruits

All that Rhodes said makes sense and one of the things I find interesting is did Marrone really say one thing and really want (not have to but want) to do the opposite? What are the relationships between SS and those who joined Marrone at Buffalo? I think there is more to this than we know and more complex.

That said, this is one of the problems with hiring alumni, it is lose lose when you leave or if you have to hire/fire one if it's the HC or even a staff member such as Conley. I don't know what happened there but a divorce like that gets even more ugly when it's an alumni involved. Not only that, but once the alumni/boosters start taking sides then we start to see some division within the alumni/boosters and that is NEVER a good thing for the program as a whole. I don't think you'll ever have everyone on the same page due to ego/hurt feelings or whatever but once the split gets bigger, the bigger the problem becomes.

Marrones gone and hopefully any of the problems that may have happened will be too. As many posters here have said, it's a step back but it's up to SS to regroup and build this staff and team into what he wants it to be and hopefully everyone or at least large % of alumni/boosters will be behind this. We had a little divide when Marrone was hired and I have no idea how deep from those who wanted other alumni hired for the HC. I don't pretend to know but if there any hurt feelings/pride or whatever, that too could play a part in a lot of the decisions.

Doug could have been a slug, I don't know and I'm not going to trash the guy because I think what he did here was what was needed and even if it was true it's time to move on.

I feel good with SS behind the wheel, like Pride44 wrote and hopefully SS will continue to take the high road in this because that would make me respect him even more. There is nothing I like less then a coach bitching about the past coach(s), it is what it is and learn from it and move on, be the better man.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom