I know we hear this every year, but this could be a good year for some m2m... | Syracusefan.com

I know we hear this every year, but this could be a good year for some m2m...

orangefan13

Hall of Fame
Reason being everyone is on the train that rak should play the four. Everyone is pushing for that.
That being said I think Rak is more of a in the paint four then a on the perimeter four. He lacks the closing out skills as a four and thats so important in the 2-3. He will build them but give him time to learn. With DC2 back there pushing and using his body in the paint good things could come of it. Take advantage of giving both more of a center roll.
MCW Defensviely is better extended in your face. He is going to get beat off the dribble this year. Hes not a quick slider but from a stationary position within 2-3 foot slides he uses his hands well and gets on peoples nerves. Hes also a excellent rebounder, and could really start a fast break right out of a rebound.

CJ or James are scrappy and would bring the weakside shotblocking and hands up in some M2M.

Im not saying do it all times but I think when Rak slides to the four it would benefit Rak's defense more, and could aid MCW's defense. While also bringing massive weakside shotblocking skills, utilizing triche and MCW's rebound size, putting alot of strength around the rim, and playing off the foul depth of our backline.

If we were going to go man 2 man its a no brainer with Rak at the four I think.

I think back to 09-10's loss to lemoyne.
Scoop wasn't blocking anyone, Andy it was doubtfull most of the time, Joseph doubtfull, AO and Rick had very little weakside shotblocking skills. They were more of a anchor and Rick weighed more that year then probably any year. Only Wes really brought the weakside shot blocking.
Triche, MCW, CJ, Southerland, Rak bring the weakside shotblocking around DC2 who isn't getting big boyed by anyone.