I like the combo of seth greenberg and bruce pearl | Syracusefan.com

I like the combo of seth greenberg and bruce pearl

Marsh01

Living Legend
In the studio. Good analysis and they are better tonlisten too than jay williams...adrian branch and jimmy dykes.

Those guys had pretty good runs on the sidelines but both had issues they couldn't overcome. I would expect both to get jobs again at some point in time although it won't be easy. And now that Greenberg, Pearl and Bernie Fine have lost their coaching jobs, the number of active Jewish coaches has greatly diminished, although at all levels of college ball there are supposedly 100 jewish coaches. I believe the most recognizable is now Josh Pastner. Not like the glory days of Red Holzman, Red Auerbach and going back even further to Nat Holman. I was thinking about Larry Brown and I don't even know if he is still coaching or not.

Those guys had pretty good runs on the sidelines but both had issues they couldn't overcome. I would expect both to get jobs again at some point in time although it won't be easy. And now that Greenberg, Pearl and Bernie Fine have lost their coaching jobs, the number of active Jewish coaches has greatly diminished, although at all levels of college ball there are supposedly 100 jewish coaches. I believe the most recognizable is now Josh Pastner. Not like the glory days of Red Holzman, Red Auerbach and going back even further to Nat Holman. I was thinking about Larry Brown and I don't even know if he is still coaching or not.

Hes at SMU

Hes at SMU
That's right and that's pretty funny. I had posted on Sunday that JB at 68 was the 2nd oldest coach in D-1 behind the guy at Jackson State who is 75. Time Warner stole my info and used it as their trivia question of the day. According to this article Larry Brown is 72, so JB is actually the 3rd oldest. I was wrong and Time Warner was wrong by believing what I had post on this forum. Shame on them and shame on me for not thinking about Larry Brown.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports...d_found__Larry_Brown_has_new_life_at_SMU.html

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom