I never want to hear anyone say.. | Syracusefan.com

I never want to hear anyone say..

Likewise I'm done saying this team can't do the unthinkable. We gave Duke problems at Cameron during our stretch of losses we just couldn't score. Game in Omaha, long way from Blue Devil Country. Revenge tour baby!!

Funny thing is, for everyone that said we had an easy path to the Final Four in 2016, that run included:
  • Atlantic 10 regular season champion, Dayton
  • Middle Tennessee, who beat MSU by scoring 90 points
  • Gonzaga, who was a year between Final Four and Title game appearances
  • Virginia, ACC champs and #1 seed
Now in 2018, the road to the Final Four may be one of the toughest ever:
(3) Michigan State, (2) Duke, (1) Kansas. Not to mention having to win 5 games in less than 2 weeks.

...that our 2016 Final Four run wouldn't have happened if that highly rated michigan state team hadn't gotten upset by MTSU.

Ever again.

Really pissed that you beat me to this post.

Well, not really.

Just had that exact discussion with nycfan and Cuseman78 at East End B&G. Which was a bit wild.

I never want to hear anyone say..

tom-izzo.jpg

i want it that way

Izzo should be embarassed! How do they foul out our point guard and one of only 3 legitimate offensive threats with over 6-1/2 minutes to go and not take advantage of it?? We played 2-1/2 against 5 on offense the last 1/4 of the second half and still won.

My god what happened to Izzo the King of March?

Hopefully your shoulders are still in their sockets after the nycfan high-fives. ;)

Ha, you know him well.

I survived that, but was not quite prepared for the female SU fan who poured half a glass of beer over my head in the postgame celebration.

Granted, I had already been sprayed with cheap sparkling wine from the bartender standing on the bar.

I did ask the beer pourer if I’d done anything to offend her. She said no, she was just enjoying the win.

It kind of made sense in context.

Ha, you know him well.

I survived that, but was not quite prepared for the female SU fan who poured half a glass of beer over my head in the postgame celebration.

Granted, I had already been sprayed with cheap sparkling wine from the bartender standing on the bar.

I did ask the beer pourer if I’d done anything to offend her. She said no, she was just enjoying the win.

It kind of made sense in context.
I was at the RAC with him for Jonny Flynn's posterization of Mike Rosario. I still have issues when it's humid out.

Izzo should be embarassed! How do they foul out our point guard and one of only 3 legitimate offensive threats with over 6-1/2 minutes to go and not take advantage of it?? We played 2-1/2 against 5 on offense the last 1/4 of the second half and still won.
My god what happened to Izzo the King of March?

Izzo should be embarrassed by that hideous hair dye.

That was every bit a 2 seed. I can’t believe they were a 3 with that resume.

It’s one of the most improbable wins I can ever remember. Especially when you look at the box score. I mean, yeah, they shot horribly against our zone, especially late, but offensive rebound after offensive rebound.

Some years, JB is just a tourney magician.

If only we’d mix some man to man in lol

When JB decides he wants to go full Constanza and get himself fired, he’s going to play exclusively man to man.

That was every bit a 2 seed. I can’t believe they were a 3 with that resume.

It’s one of the most improbable wins I can ever remember. Especially when you look at the box score. I mean, yeah, they shot horribly against our zone, especially late, but offensive rebound after offensive rebound.

Some years, JB is just a tourney magician.
Same thoughts exactly. Those continuous offensive rebounds were just brutal. We got outrebounded 30-51 overall and 7-29 OR. Still can't comprehend how we managed to pull it off. Gotta be Aspirin - the miracle drug.

...that our 2016 Final Four run wouldn't have happened if that highly rated michigan state team hadn't gotten upset by MTSU.

Ever again.

It's like 2016
The only reason we’re advancing is because MSU lost.

* H/T to Orange&P, from TNIAAM.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom