I predict some big changes regarding paying college players to come out in the next year | Syracusefan.com

I predict some big changes regarding paying college players to come out in the next year

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Czar/Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner PPG
Schools and coaches need to take a hard stand against the NBA. They have absolutely no leverage right now. I was never in favor of paying the college players but I have changed my mind. I absolutely hate where the college game is right now as far as recruiting and kids leaving early and all of the dirt that goes with it. Make it all legal. Pay the kids. Then at least they have some options.

Schools and coaches need to take a hard stand against the NBA. They have absolutely no leverage right now. I was never in favor of paying the college players but I have changed my mind. I absolutely hate where the college game is right now as far as recruiting and kids leaving early and all of the dirt that goes with it. Make it all legal. Pay the kids. Then at least they have some options.
The only thing I'd say is that I don't think the answer is to pay the kids, but rather to make it so that it isn't against the rules for them to get paid.

The only thing I'd say is that I don't think the answer is to pay the kids, but rather to make it so that it isn't against the rules for them to get paid.
Who is going to pay them? Sneaker companies? Agents? Boosters? I think you would still have the same level of filth.

Who is going to pay them? Sneaker companies? Agents? Boosters? I think you would still have the same level of filth.
Sure.

I prefer money from directly outside of the University system covering things a lot more than I do having the education system do it. The wrong people would end up paying for it.

Let the pros skim off the top talent if they want to.
When college sports are being played by legitimate college students, then we'll be in a better place.
Gotta just hope that there's a TV market for that.

I think Baz will become the poster boy for predraft irrelevancy...the G league ain’t the same as baseball minor leagues. At least CBB has a spotlight

This changes nothing. The top 30 high school kids can go to the G League every year and the NCAA still won’t allow players to be paid. Football is all that matters and we will still watch the tourney. It’s not player driven at all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom