i realized i dont post enough positive things | Syracusefan.com

i realized i dont post enough positive things

orangehomer

All American
I thought the effort on defense was night and day better tonight, in particular from Andrew white. he really went after it. I don't think he has great mobility, but I thought he actually competed on the D end today which is a good thing.

I thought the effort on defense was night and day better tonight, in particular from Andrew white. he really went after it. I don't think he has great mobility, but I thought he actually competed on the D end today which is a good thing.

I saw the wing to guard "hand off" that is fundamental to the zone tonight that I hadn't seen at all this year. I saw White hand off to Tyus, and Roberson handed off to John when the ball was reversed, allowing the guard to recover to the other side of foul line extended. Both of those guards have been clueless about that little nuance of what makes the zone an effective team defense, so it gives hope, but they all need to turn that into stronger on the ball defense before and after the hand off for the zone to keep improving.

I saw the wing to guard "hand off" that is fundamental to the zone tonight that I hadn't seen at all this year. I saw White hand off to Tyus, and Roberson handed off to John when the ball was reversed, allowing the guard to recover to the other side of foul line extended. Both of those guards have been clueless about that little nuance of what makes the zone an effective team defense, so it gives hope, but they all need to turn that into stronger on the ball defense before and after the hand off for the zone to keep improving.
I totally agree regarding the handoff. I also thought Battle was having problems sucking down to far and leaving the person up top in an impossible position that would give up a wide open 3. This happened once I remember off the top of my head but the rest of the game he was pretty good at that. What a great win.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom