I really believe next year will be a significant watershed year in SU basketball | Syracusefan.com

I really believe next year will be a significant watershed year in SU basketball

rwhitne9

Walk On
The football team's interest is rising and the basketball is the contrast. Will we see a period where the basketball team goes through years of losing like the football team did? I hope not!!

I consider the idea of Syracuse basketball having a losing season to go into the same box as Lebron not making the finals or the Pats not winning the AFC East. But at least one of those things is going to happen this year so that’s something I guess.

Like if I was a betting guy I’d put a significant amount of money on having another 18-22 win season that’s become a hallmark of this era.

The football team's interest is rising and the basketball is the contrast. Will we see a period where the basketball team goes through years of losing like the football team did? I hope not!!
let's see:
one coach has had exactly one winning season here
the other has never had a losing season

place your bets

Started by people I’ve never seen before.

They all come out of the woodwork.

I used to get annoyed 5-7 years ago when “old timers”on the board would lament the loss of posters from years before. But now I really miss a lot of the posters from that 2012-2014 era. There have been some great new additions, but so many drive by H0T Takes.

SU will be a better TEAM next year. There should be less isolation and better ball movement. We don’t have any iso players next year. The trip to Italy is huge for the development of next year’s team. Let’s hope the NCAA doesn’t delay any of our new players from arriving on campus.

let's see:
one coach has had exactly one winning season here
the other has never had a losing season

place your bets

What's the bet?

I know which stock I'd buy.

I think we ll be better too!!! Better offense and more shooting than this year with girard, goodine and Guerrier coming in!!! Need a big man to hold there own and make layups, dunks and put backs!

Rwhitney9 has been reading to many posts by the drama queens and kings, those in a near panic, and those convinced that JB is pulling the program down.

A steady diet of that results in warped ideas. As long as JB is here, that won’t happen.

After that, it’s anyones guess what happens.

I think we ll be better too!!! Better offense and more shooting than this year with girard, goodine and Guerrier coming in!!! Need a big man to hold there own and make layups, dunks and put backs!

Reminds me of the “Top Ten All Year” predictions after Tyus announced he was coming back.

What could possibly go wrong?

The good news is that in basketball, its much easier to turn a program around then in football. One dynamic player can make all the difference in the world. I think we will be fine, but our brand of basketball is pretty boring right now...IMOP.