I really like this new approach of finding a guy who can throw and letting him do that | Syracusefan.com

I really like this new approach of finding a guy who can throw and letting him do that

Millhouse

Living Legend
25 years of warnings about northeastern gym coaches and Chuck and duck and run and stop the run from guys in Charles Way jerseys with lipitor drips notwithstanding, this newfangled approach of finding qbs who can throw better than they can run and letting them do that seems to be working

If Brown has told us this what he was going to do, i'd have been on board

I still didn't think he's great at a lot of the small details but I'm not that fussy. This stupid sport destroys brains and creates a self contained perpetual terrarium ecosystem of brain damaged future coaches so you didn't have to be great, you just have to be less stupid

I will take this all back if he wrings his hands about balance

25 years of warnings about northeastern gym coaches and Chuck and duck and run and stop the run from guys in Charles Way jerseys with lipitor drips notwithstanding, this newfangled approach of finding qbs who can throw better than they can run and letting them do that seems to be working

I still didn't think he's great at a lot of the small details but I'm not that fussy. This stupid sport destroys brains and creates a self contained perpetual terrarium ecosystem of brain damaged future coaches so you didn't have to be great, you just have to be less stupid

Clearly his two best decisions were getting Kyle and hiring an experienced OC and letting him do his thing. Good OCs take advantage of what they have and what the D presents.

More good QBs who can throw please. This is an exciting offense for a pass first QB to play in.

Funny a few months ago many here said we can only win with a running qb. Amazing what happens when we have a smart, poised, qb that’s accurate.
People here think you mask a bad line by breaking ankles running people over and jumping over them

I think getting rid of the ball away from the people trying to kill you is better

McCord has been great at not being bad. He is never crazy high efficient every game but most games are good and none are bad. I bet there are a hundred games by QBs this year with a better rating than mccord's best game. Giving him more plays to be pretty good has made us pretty good.

Last edited:

Of course, it helps when the QB is a potential first rounder.

Golly gee whiz, why didn't anyone ever think about this before? Building a football team sounds really simple!

Lets not kid ourselves McCord is a special QB. He will be almost impossible to replace.
Yeah I don't really think Ohio State is going to develop starting QBs for Syracuse regularly.

Just hope he gets that year back and we can have him next season.

LaNorris Sellers would have saved Dino's job if he was on last years roster. We can get guys here going forward.

People here think you mask a bad line by breaking ankles running people over and jumping over them

I think you getting rid of the ball away from the people trying to kill you is better

McCord has been great at not being bad. He is never crazy high efficient every game but most games are good and none are bad. I bet there are a hundred games by QBs this year with a better rating than mccord's best game. Giving him more plays to be pretty good has made us pretty good.

McCord completed 73.8% of his passes yesterday. He had 8.2 yards per attempt.

I disagree about the efficiency. I think he did exactly what we wanted yesterday.

Yeah, this strategy is brilliant - as long as you have Tom Brady or Mahomes or McCord - when McCord is gone let's see how easy it is to replace him
This is the worst post ever.
McCord is more like Peterman. Who I would've loved to have at Syracuse.

This is poetry.

Yeah, this strategy is brilliant - as long as you have Tom Brady or Mahomes or McCord - when McCord is gone let's see how easy it is to replace him

As opposed to what?

As opposed to what?

As opposed to nothing - I'm just saying we are very fortunate to have McCord and if he's not here next year it will be very hard to replace him - I love what we are doing - hopefully we can get a stud QB - at the same time - I'm hoping we can upgrade the defense

They did. They just don't live near us
Agreed with a good chunk of your first post. However, several changes in the collegiate landscape have allowed this to happen.

1. Exponential growth and usage of transfer portal. The number of players now available via portal has increased by a factor of close to 10 since 2020. Getting a guy like McCord was simply close to impossible 4-5 years ago. Title contending starting QBs just didn’t really happen.

2. NIL opportunities / budget increasing at Syracuse. School finally competing like peer level schools with regards to NIL opportunity and use of it. Brown’s staff couldn’t have been assembled a few years ago. Didn’t have the means.

3. QB that can actually handle the RPO game. McCord is one of the most cerebral college QBs playing. There is very little that a defense can throw at him that would rattle him. Tommy DiVito is a lower tier NFL WB talent. I don’t think he’d be able to handle this offense at the same level McCord is.

4. Heavy use of motion by Nixon. This is a growing trend in football, and one of the few that has worked its way down from the pro game to college game. It allows for a few things: confused defensive secondary assignments, allows QBs greater transparency into defensive coverages, and creates match up issues (TE of LB / S, HB of LB).

McCord completed 73.8% of his passes yesterday. He had 8.2 yards per attempt.

I disagree about the efficiency. I think he did exactly what we wanted yesterday.
I really liked how he played 159 rating is good enough to win especially when you don't waste his time turning around and handing the ball to someone else to run into a pile of angry fat

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom