I Still Can't Believe | Syracusefan.com

I Still Can't Believe

that kid only got $25 for making those two threes and layups.
Yeah, the kid went ballistic, hit two threes including his last one, did a decent job when he got into 30 second basket mode, and we cheered on the last one. Boo'd when they announced $25 :)

The whole crowd's reaction to the $25 was hilarious. Just audible gasps followed by laughing at SJU. What a bootleg version of between action entertainment. What a bootleg version of a good basketball program.

690West said:
You can make the dunk and bright shot with your eyes closed and at least we give you a $300 chair
My wife amazingly got called for two contests. About. 12 years ago she got called for a contest they used to have where you took a layup, a ft, a three pointer and then a half court shot. She made the layup, the ft and the 3 pointer and won 2 train tickets to nyc. She had a shot for a cruise from half court but was woefully short.

Then 3 years later she got called for the chair shot. It was during the georgetown game. She was a hooper in high school. I thought it was in the bag and was actually asking the guy who ran it as i was standing under the basket where do i pick it up, colors, etc. She missed three times and we walked away with a $50 gift card.

My wife amazingly got called for two contests. About. 12 years ago she got called for a contest they used to have where you took a layup, a ft, a three pointer and then a half court shot. She made the layup, the ft and the 3 pointer and won 2 train tickets to nyc. She had a shot for a cruise from half court but was woefully short.

Then 3 years later she got called for the chair shot. It was during the georgetown game. She was a hooper in high school. I thought it was in the bag and was actually asking the guy who ran it as i was standing under the basket where do i pick it up, colors, etc. She missed three times and we walked away with a $50 gift card.
Dang, she made the 3 pointer? That is tremendous

Edit: I just saw she was a hoopster. still impressive under the lights

690West said:
Dang, she made the 3 pointer? That is tremendous Edit: I just saw she was a hoopster. still impressive under the lights
She actually missed two layups (she was nervous) and got booed. Then she drilled a ft and a three pointer back to back. She had time for one shot from half court which she tried to baseball throw in and it landed at the three point line. Oh well.

The whole crowd's reaction to the $25 was hilarious. Just audible gasps followed by laughing at SJU. What a bootleg version of between action entertainment. What a bootleg version of a good basketball program.

The crowd's reaction was absolutely hilarious. Kinda felt bad for the kid too, he had a really good showing and got enough to buy like two beers at the Garden.

I thought the Simon Sez guy was very good; funny and cute. Payout not so much, as has been noted. BTW, don't ever mock looks of cheerleaders but yikes ...

The National Anthem was also one of the best my group had ever heard. The girl killlled it.
Seriously, that girl raised goosebumps. She took a different direction on one of the notes, and everyone's eyes lit up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom