I still don't understand why | Syracusefan.com

I still don't understand why

JarHeadJim

I have never won sheet!
That basket counted for nova after the elbow to BMK's grill? They reviewed it, assed the flagrant foul. At that point it should of been SU's ball and the basket should not of counted correct? What am I missing?

The basket always counts if there is no stoppage during actual play. If they review for that type of foul it never wipes out the basket after the fact. Reviews for shot clock or game clock shots are different. Had they called a foulm right away then there would not have been a shot but since they missed it there was a play on and the shot counts. Just the way it is right or wrong.

Personally I hate the way they call those elbows. An offensive player should be entitled to the space above him IMO, not his fault that the defender wants to get low and hug him. Yarou wasn't swinging his elbows to clear space or hurt Baye he was simply turning and facing shot ready as he had the whole first half.

The basket always counts if there is no stoppage during actual play. If they review for that type of foul it never wipes out the basket after the fact. Reviews for shot clock or game clock shots are different. Had they called a foulm right away then there would not have been a shot but since they missed it there was a play on and the shot counts. Just the way it is right or wrong.

Personally I hate the way they call those elbows. An offensive player should be entitled to the space above him IMO, not his fault that the defender wants to get low and hug him. Yarou wasn't swinging his elbows to clear space or hurt Baye he was simply turning and facing shot ready as he had the whole first half.

I'm actually okay with it being called like that. If you stand straight up holding the ball over your head you've conceded that space to the defender. You can't reclaim it by going elbows out. Pivot your way out, call a timeout (like guards do when you double them in the corner), or pass. On that particular play I don't even think Baye was even crowding him that tightly - he had room, no elbow needed (even though I in no way thought it was intentional to the face).

I'm actually okay with it being called like that. If you stand straight up holding the ball over your head you've conceded that space to the defender. You can't reclaim it by going elbows out. Pivot your way out, call a timeout (like guards do when you double them in the corner), or pass. On that particular play I don't even think Baye was even crowding him that tightly - he had room, no elbow needed (even though I in no way thought it was intentional to the face).

But I don't think I recall a case where the officals reviewed a play where they didn't call a foul AT ALL to see if it was flagrant. Pretty common that they blow the whistle then go to the video to see if the elbow was deemed intentional or inadvertant, but there to be a no call, then check the monitor because they notice copious amounts of blood is pretty rare I would think

Thought the same thing on that play. If they reviewed and found a foul, then how can the basket that resulted from that foul be considered good. Isn't the point of a review to correct a mistake?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

I read somewhere else where it was said that it was a personal foul, rather than a technical. I didn't think you could review a play where a foul wasn't called and then assess one. Seems like it would have to be a technical foul in that sort of a situation in which case anyone should have been able to shoot the Free Throws.

I don't really understand the whole thought process there.

I think we should start outfitting all of the players with blood packs like they use in special effects. Anytime there is close contact pop the blood pack in your mouth and bite down.....instant review for the flagrant foul.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom