I swear to God the Jets are the pro version of Cuse | Syracusefan.com

I swear to God the Jets are the pro version of Cuse

The Jets confuse me. I'm not a Jets fan so have no real love or hate towards them.

But they go to back to back conference championship games, and instead of just tweaking here or there to improve, they felt the need to revamp the whole damn offense for some reason and it has backfired in every way possible. I mean to cast off Edwards/Smith/Cotchery and replace them with Plax (just out of jail) and Derrick Mason I just never understood. It's an obvious downgrade in every way possible. And to NOT address their o-line when it was iffy last year, I also didn't get.

The Jets confuse me. I'm not a Jets fan so have no real love or hate towards them.

But they go to back to back conference championship games, and instead of just tweaking here or there to improve, they felt the need to revamp the whole damn offense for some reason and it has backfired in every way possible. I mean to cast off Edwards/Smith/Cotchery and replace them with Plax (just out of jail) and Derrick Mason I just never understood. It's an obvious downgrade in every way possible. And to NOT address their o-line when it was iffy last year, I also didn't get.

I like taking a stab at Plax. But I couldn't stand essentially trading Cotch for Mason. Aside from that I think some of the similarities that drive me nuts include... a once powerful defense that just isn't quite what it was, leaving the other weaknesses vulnerable to over-exposure... a running game that was left in no-man's land. In the Jets case LT got a year older/hurt, and in Cuse's case Carter moved on. Not that Greene and Bailey are bad, but I just never thought they fit their expanded role... Both teams have a QB that can make a tremendous play, and then follow it up by missing a wide-open man... Today the kick/punt return game of the Jets is incredibly similar to Cuse's... And perhaps the thing that irritates me the most, both squads feature young, NFL-bloodline OCs that seem to want to overthink every call in an attempt to make good as "desirable up-and-coming prodigies."

I liken last year's Cuse team to the Broncos this year - defense carries the team to the point it wins games and the offense does just enough to get by while not making so many mistakes as to put the game out of reach.

I don't even know what to compare this year's team to, especially in light of the last 4 games. This team could have been 8-4 just as easily as 2-10. Just a weird season. Still can't figure out how you lose not 1 but 2 games when you force 5 turnovers.

It physically pains me to watch my two favorite football teams. The combined offensive ineptitude is killing me slowly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom