I tell you what | Syracusefan.com

I tell you what

Or we can make a run in the ACC tourney and get a 6 or 7 seed. I like that better!

That would be ideal. Beat Miami, and UNC then I don't see how we wouldn't be at least a 7. But, one game at a time. Gotta win Wednesday to make sure.

If only we had the size inside we all thought we'd have.

That's what will end us if we don't shoot lights out, unfortunately. TT just doesn't have it on D, and on the boards. Plays with seemingly no energy, and just keeps his hands down, and doesn't battle. We really need someone else besides Lydon to rebound, and battle down low. Some encouraging signs from Robey today.

Gotta enjoy the win, but lots of work to do.

A 1 seed definitely won't wanna see us in the 8/9 game. I don't wanna see them either, though. Hoping for a 10 seed if we make it.

Wow, big confidence. We probably still need 1 more win in the tourney. After a mediocre year, you have alot of confidence.

Wow, big confidence. We probably still need 1 more win in the tourney. After a mediocre year, you have alot of confidence.

I did say if we make it. I'm largely in the camp that we need another, and may even get snubbed still with only one more.

That's what will end us if we don't shoot lights out, unfortunately. TT just doesn't have it on D, and on the boards. Plays with seemingly no energy, and just keeps his hands down, and doesn't battle. We really need someone else besides Lydon to rebound, and battle down low. Some encouraging signs from Robey today.

Gotta enjoy the win, but lots of work to do.

Yeah, it is clear now that Thompson just doesn't care to battle in the paint, truly defend, etc. Lydon has his moments. I frankly hope teams pay Lydon too much attention moving forward so White and Battle can thrive.

No one wants to play us in the tournament. With Battle's emergence, and White's shooting, we can make another run if our defense comes to play.

Thank God for grad transfers!

We're justifiably a bubble team because of what happened in December.

But we can justifiably beat almost anyone in the tourney because we can shoot the three and are capable of great guard play.

Odd.

Last edited:
I did say if we make it. I'm largely in the camp that we need another, and may even get snubbed still with only one more.
If we win one in the ACC tourney that should lock it up.

As it is, I think we're in good shape right now. The bubble's weird this season. You have to make some unusual cases to put a lot of teams in over us. Not that it can't happen, just that I think it's unlikely.

Unless the NCAA is lurking and is mad that after getting punished we made the final four last season...

If we get snubbed it'll be because they only take 8 teams (barring any miracles from worse records). That ain't happening . ACC gets atleast 9 bids no matter what.

Yeah, it is clear now that Thompson just doesn't care to battle in the paint, truly defend, etc. Lydon has his moments. I frankly hope teams pay Lydon too much attention moving forward so White and Battle can thrive.

Thompson is really a key to next year, but if there isn't an extreme improvement on the defensive end, I can't see him being trusted to be out there for 30-35+ minutes. He plays no defense whatsoever -- none.

If we win one in the ACC tourney that should lock it up.

As it is, I think we're in good shape right now. The bubble's weird this season. You have to make some unusual cases to put a lot of teams in over us. Not that it can't happen, just that I think it's unlikely.

Unless the NCAA is lurking and is mad that after getting punished we made the final four last season...

Looking around, we should be alright but that OOC, and road record could get us. Then throw in some bid stealers, and who knows. Would have been nice if Vandy lost. We have too many top 50 wins. Beat Miami, and we should be alright but I'm still gonna be sweating. Also, beating them isn't an easy task.

All we can do is sit back, and hope for the best. Unfortunately, it took a while for these guys to gel.

Thompson is really a key to next year, but if there isn't an extreme improvement on the defensive end, I can't see him being trusted to be out there for 30-35+ minutes. He plays no defense whatsoever -- none.

It's crazy. NineoneSeven might be right. I haven't seen anything like it on defense anywhere, ever. 95% of the time he just doesn't try or is awful. In some man situations too. You're right. He's good on offense but he isn't Chris Bosh or even Tristan Thompson to be showing that kind of effort on D.

Looking around, we should be alright but that OOC, and road record could get us. Then throw in some bid stealers, and who knows. Would have been nice if Vandy lost. We have too many top 50 wins. Beat Miami, and we should be alright but I'm still gonna be sweating. Also, beating them isn't an easy task.

All we can do is sit back, and hope for the best. Unfortunately, it took a while for these guys to gel.
Did they lose their pg or guard recently? Gone for season? If so we need to beat them

I don't think any team is more dangerous than us in the current bubble group. We have 2 guys who have scored over 40 this season and Battle/Lydon are capable of 20 on any given night, although Lydon's ppg has been low since Feb.

I think the fact we can validate the committees selection and did so last year in this situation may help us out.

Did they lose their pg or guard recently? Gone for season? If so we need to beat them

Not that I know of. Someone else should know. I haven't heard about it.

Miami? I think they have an under the radar freshmen PG who is playing PG now more than Newton and he has been excellent.

I think our trifecta of wins (Fl. State, UVA, Duke) is just too much. You can discount a home win against a really good opponent as a fluke. You can't really do that three times.

It's crazy. NineoneSeven might be right. I haven't seen anything like it on defense anywhere, ever. 95% of the time he just doesn't try or is awful. In some man situations too. You're right. He's good on offense but he isn't Chris Bosh or even Tristan Thompson to be showing that kind of effort on D.
For the high degree of awareness he has on offense, he's just as distant the other way on defense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom