I think Frazier should write | Syracusefan.com

I think Frazier should write

CuseOnly

All American
a guide and call it "How to Destroy a Football Season With Scheduling".

I personally think he should reach out to Alabama, Oklahoma, Ohio State and UCLA (just so we can go 3000 miles to get pummeled) for our 2015 schedule. It pretty much guarantees that we have to run the ACC table to get to a bowl.

Then he should put them in order of toughest first, so it slowly destroys any shred of hope and optimism.

a guide and call it "How to Destroy a Football Season With Scheduling".

I personally think he should reach out to Alabama, Oklahoma, Ohio State and UCLA (just so we can go 3000 miles to get pummeled) for our 2015 schedule. It pretty much guarantees that we have to run the ACC table to get to a bowl.

Then he should put them in order of toughest first, so it slowly destroys any shred of hope and optimism.
He has no control over the ACC portion of the schedule.

If we flipped the order of our first four games would it have made a difference? We probably have more confidence against PSU but what else?

He has no control over the ACC portion of the schedule.

If we flipped the order of our first four games would it have made a difference? We probably have more confidence against PSU but what else?

We'd be starting a different QB against PSU.

I wasn't even talking about the ACC portion of the schedule. But add Clemson and FSU to the above ridiculous schedule and how much chance do we have to get to a bowl?

If we Flipped even the order of the schedule, we would be better off.

Take Maryland this year for example. Not a good football team but miraculously made it into the top 25 playing 4 bad football teams. Their Marquee win and toughest team they played is WVU who is terrible this year.

Just sayin...pollsters put them in the top 25 and they beat...nobody. Did they get exposed by FSU yesterday, yes but they still got national exposure and can say they were in the top 25 even if it wasn't deserved.

I wasn't even talking about the ACC portion of the schedule. But add Clemson and FSU to the above ridiculous schedule and how much chance do we have to get to a bowl?

If we Flipped even the order of the schedule, we would be better off.

Take Maryland this year for example. Not a good football team but miraculously made it into the top 25 playing 4 bad football teams. Their Marquee win and toughest team they played is WVU who is terrible this year.

Just sayin...pollsters put them in the top 25 and they beat...nobody. Did they get exposed by FSU yesterday, yes but they still got national exposure and can say they were in the top 25 even if it wasn't deserved.

And more importantly only need 2 wins for bowl eligibility

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1

Are we sure? Allen may have been fine against Tulane and Wagner and a switch wouldn't have been necessary.

Allen wasn't fine against Wagner. That's how Hunt took over the job in the first place.

Penn State was a great game and it was a neutral site opener I am fine with this. It gives the coaches the entire summer to get the team motivated for a good opponent. I would have preferred week 2 be an easier team just to avoid the 0-2 pitfall, but their was nothing we could when Northwestern wanted the game week 2.

If I was the AD I would schedule like this

week 1 good opponent
week 2 I-AA home opener
week 3 Tulane/CUSA/MAC/AAC team
week 4 decent team like Northwestern/Maryland
week 5-14 ACC controls.

Penn State was a great game and it was a neutral site opener I am fine with this. It gives the coaches the entire summer to get the team motivated for a good opponent. I would have preferred week 2 be an easier team just to avoid the 0-2 pitfall, but their was nothing we could when Northwestern wanted the game week 2.

If I was the AD I would schedule like this

week 1 good opponent
week 2 I-AA home opener
week 3 Tulane/CUSA/MAC/AAC team
week 4 decent team like Northwestern/Maryland
week 5-14 ACC controls.

We know we have ND for sure in Metlife next year, who are the other 3 or who do we have so far? It should look like this.

ND in Metlife
Akron at home
Tulane away
Colgate at home

Anything along those lines would be good. 1 Good team, 2 FBS lower level teams and one FCS. Worst case we would go 3-1, best case 4-0.

We know we have ND for sure in Metlife next year, who are the other 3 or who do we have so far? It should look like this.

ND in Metlife
Akron at home
Tulane away
Colgate at home

Anything along those lines would be good. 1 Good team, 2 FBS lower level teams and one FCS. Worst case we would go 3-1, best case 4-0.

9-20 Maryland
9-27 Notre Dame @ MetLife

Rumor is Villanova will be our 1-AA opponent in 2014.

1 more OOC opponent TBD.