I think JB lost this team when James came back | Syracusefan.com

I think JB lost this team when James came back

OrangeFoo

All American
We have played like absolute dogshit since the game he came back. Is there resentment among the players that he was allowed to come back and take Grant's minutes just like that when Grant was playing so well?

Something happened around that period and this team went into the tank on offense.

We have played like absolute dogshit since the game he came back. Is there resentment among the players that he was allowed to come back and take Grant's minutes just like that when Grant was playing so well?

Something happened around that period and this team went into the tank on offense.
No. We just can't shoot.

A bizarre fantasy created out of nothing with no support from anyone.

The team can't shoot.

That's an interesting idea. I wonder if the team, especially the younger guys, were unhappy about that. I certainly would have been. Grant was improving by leaps and bounds the more he played. And then JB perma-benched him when JS came back.

or when coleman (or fill in the blank) gets yanked for being out of position but your star does not miss a single run after a "misunderstanding" of not paying for $500 worth of merchandise.

a real bad example of discipline by JB but not unusual.

The team can't shoot.

49% at Louisville, 46% vs Cincy, 49% vs Notre Dame

What was the difference in those games?

Nevermind, "team can't shoot" is easier, I'm sure.

I've been saying the same thing in different ways for several games & there were many posters who made comments intimating that I was off my rocker. LOL! Where the hell are they now!

or was it when JB for some reason announced it was Triche's team. Brian hasn't hit a shot since.

or was it when JB for some reason announced it was Triche's team. Brian hasn't hit a shot since.
Yes...Brian has been invisible ever since. ;)
But seriously, you might be on to something with this. Once the spotlight was firmly placed on Triche, he's wilted.
He's an off-Broadway talent being asked to perform on 42nd St, and he's come up small so far. I'm hoping for a miracle the next coupla weeks, but at this point, what we've seen for 4 years with Triche, is what we can expect from here on out.

Jb never lost the team...they're just not playing well. Only team that was lost IMHO was 2002

This team has terrible chemistry. We know something is/has been going on. (And yes, I agree that our flaws were masked by an easy schedule and that we can't shoot.) So, if we are mental Sherlocks, we can only deduce by evidence.

#1. MCW, leader of the team, shoplifts a bathrobe, and as far as we know, has not taken any real responsibility for it. A tone was set. The team has a leader who has character issues. How to trust him?

#2. Southerland is accused of cheating, and there is another issue of being let down. Even without that, he is inconsistent on court. A trust issue.

#3. Brandon has great difficulty being a leader. He puts way too much pressure on himself. He implodes.

#4. Grant steps up, then is yanked and given very few minutes, even though Southerland is proving unreliable. He is doubting his coach, doubting himself.

#5. Cooney has been an offensive no show. He is doubting himself, and his team is also doubting him.

#6. DaJuan entered the season with very high expectations for himself. Turns out, it's going to take time. Suddenly, he is not "the man." Then he has surgery and is out for a month. This is hard on a player's morale.

#7. This is the last year of the Big East and Boeheim is grieving. He has said as much, although he hasn't used that term. He wonders about his legacy and where all this is going? He may be feeling pretty weary. It's got to be difficult to be him right now.

#8. Coach Hop has high energy but he could be leaving. This is a blow. Perhaps bigger than the fans can understand.

#9. Jake has hinted that there will be off season issues. Something else is brewing that may be affecting everyone in the basketball program.

It seems to me there are a whole lot of ingredients in the meltdown stew that we are all now trying to digest. Doubt and mistrust appear to be the meat and potatoes. We can only wait and see.I feel badly for the team and for the coaches. I feel kind of bad for us, too!

In the meantime, I am going to the Big East Tourney!

They're not playing well and they're not exceptionally talented. Early entry in the draft wreaks havoc on programs. It's really hard to guard against it. If MCW was indeed a true lottery pick, we'd be a better team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

49% at Louisville, 46% vs Cincy, 49% vs Notre Dame

What was the difference in those games?

Nevermind, "team can't shoot" is easier, I'm sure.
Here is a typical run for SU this year. JS gets 35 against Arkansas by hitting 9 3's but then goes like 2 for 16 over the next 4 games. Him and Triche, are streaky at best and now that streak is on the down. So yes, this team can't shoot. Even the announcers said that Su was getting good shots but just didn't hit them in the 1st half.

Here is a typical run for SU this year. JS gets 35 against Arkansas by hitting 9 3's but then goes like 2 for 16 over the next 4 games. Him and Triche, are streaky at best and now that streak is on the down. So yes, this team can't shoot. Even the announcers said that Su was getting good shots but just didn't hit them in the 1st half.

I think you missed my point. The 3 games I listed (the 3 biggest wins all year)... JS wasnt playing.

remember, going in to the first providence game, JB said grant was not ready. the fact that he averaged 10 a game when he started is irrelevant. JB said he is not ready and he was going to show it. not a knock on james but JB knew grant was not ready, it did not matter what he did when he started.

Interesting point.

I'll tell you I've never been enamored with JS' game. He is a streaky 3pt shooter with crazy range but that's about all she wrote. How many times did he get balls ripped out of his hands today? He's a below mediocre rebounder and defender. Never seen a guy who always has his arms at his side like JS. Can't put the ball on the deck and isn't much at creating his own shot or for others in any way. One of the more overrated players at SU imo. Crazy that he gets all of these minutes over Grant. Only reason is JB wants an outside threat cuz our guards can't throw the ball in the ocean.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom