I think our outlook for the rest of the season is pretty straight forward | Syracusefan.com

I think our outlook for the rest of the season is pretty straight forward

Orangemen

All Conference
This team could be a final four team, or this team could be out in the second round. It's all about when we run into a very good defensive team.

Any team that can play tough D, and clog the middle against us will have a very good chance against us. If the team is not capable of playing tough D, then I like our chances.

As much as I hate Gtown, I believe that if we play them 10 times this year, we probably win 3. We just match up terribly against them thanks to their tough D, and Otto Porter.

While I'm hoping for as high a seed as possible, this team is truly all about the draw this year. If we've got a bunch of offensive juggernauts in our region that don't play great D, then I like our chances. If we're lined up against a bunch of tough defensive teams, I don't think we'll get very far.

That's a big part of the reason that I'm feeling pretty good about tomorrow night. Marquette is obviously very good, but they are 76th in points against, and 58th in Adj Def in Kenpom's ratings. Those numbers are pretty favorable to us, I think.

I'll bring back a comparison I made early in the year using James as the example. Now, it applies to BT. Brandon's play is like a sine wave.

The x axis is the game, the y axis is production. The trend? Ridiculously up and down. I'm starting to think that BT's production is going to be the crucial ingredient in a potential deep run in march, and that, is a nerve-wracking thought.

Your analysis is probably true, and has been since about 1983.

I think if we score more points than the other team we'll have a good shot to win.

Your analysis is probably true, and has been since about 1983.
Not for Carmello's team, nor 2010, nor last year (pre-losing Fab).

Those teams were all ticketed to the Final Four no matter the matchups.

This team has a weakness, and needs a very favorable draw to get it done.

I stopped thinking that this could be a Final Four team after the Nova game. It's not happening. Enjoy the rest of what has been a fine, yet eventually unspectacular, season.

I stopped thinking that this could be a Final Four team after the Nova game. It's not happening. Enjoy the rest of what has been a fine, yet eventually unspectacular, season.

Bingo... This team is what it is, and a final four team it is not (unless luck and stars aligning possibly happens...) You never know, it's a fairly pedestrian field this year all things considered.

...which bodes well for the decent teams with good teaching coaches that make in-game adjustments and clip-board end-of-game play designers (Your Izzos, donovans, etc.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom