I think we just saw... | Syracusefan.com

I think we just saw...

StCuse315

Walk On
our lineup going forward. 4 guys at 30+ minutes, 4 guys at 10-25 minutes. And if Coleman is finally healthy and ready to go, we could see him around 25 minutes per game by the end of the season. Tonight's box score has the making of a typical JB lineup. The fact that Chukwu didn't see a minute of action against North Florida meant JB had a plan tonight, and he stuck to it. 3 guards, 3 forwards, 2 centers. That is the bread and butter of Cuse basketball the last 15 years.

Yep. The balance of the starting 5 and Gillon/Robey/TT makes the most sense too. I was OK with our starting 5 for the most part, Lydon will have nights like this - but our 3 bench guys have to be better. Stinks that PC isn't ready this year

Chukwu is a project but this wasn't a game for him, imo. He would've embarrassed himself and the coach against that scrappy frontline.

And I've had enough of this "project" talk. Baye Keita was a "project" and he was more than ready by his 2nd year to contribute against good competition. If any other center we have had was 7'2", they would've been locks for all-conference

And I've had enough of this "project" talk. Baye Keita was a "project" and he was more than ready by his 2nd year to contribute against good competition. If any other center we have had was 7'2", they would've been locks for all-conference

He was more ready his freshman year. He could always run down the court, moved well in the zone and could block shots.

He was more ready his freshman year. He could always run down the court, moved well in the zone and could block shots.

Exactly, lol, now picture a 7'2" Keita in his Junior year (3rd year).

Or a 7'2" Rak, Arinze or McNeil for that matter. You can't teach 7'2"

Having said that, makes you wonder which game is for him.

BU next Saturday is a game where Chukwu might be able to be hold his own. I think he's going go play with the walk-ons this year, sadly. JB said in the post-game, he wants to see PC improve in practice. That says it all.

Watching Chukwu against SC State showed all we needed to know about his readiness. He played weak against a line-up he should have dominated. He was out rebounded. He missed two pointblank chippies. He had a chance to put a dunk over a smaller guy and missed a weak shot instead. Hak would have one armed tomahawked the dude.

Not ready for primetime. He needs to get stronger and learn how to assert his best asset, which is his height advantage.

Although as Rosie constantly points out, they have largely passed him the ball at knee height or lower. To me it is the same as Roberson: they may play less or no minutes, but the team's ceiling goes down significantly. So in that light I'm bummed.

Can any of you think of any successful drives or post up moves by Roberson at any time in his career? He had a nice back to the basket move last game I think. Sort of a Hakim fake baseline and go up over the middle. Nice move but he didn't convert. I'm scratching my head to think of what his offensive game is, if any. Don't think there are any four year players in our history with virtually no threat to score.

You have to bring something to the table on both ends.

Watching Chukwu against SC State showed all we needed to know about his readiness. He played weak against a line-up he should have dominated. He was out rebounded. He missed two pointblank chippies. He had a chance to put a dunk over a smaller guy and missed a weak shot instead. Hak would have one armed tomahawked the dude.

Not ready for primetime. He needs to get stronger and learn how to assert his best asset, which is his height advantage.

Call me drunk and just angry but he will never be ready. I said it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Foxda130

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom