I think we saw some growth across the board today | Syracusefan.com

I think we saw some growth across the board today

SuRaider307

2nd String
First the D: For the past few games we had not been filling gaps properly on D.. I also think our DC did us no favors calling a ton of slant down "plays" for our DL (Liberty anyone?). Tackling has also been an issue with our Young undersized guys as well. Today we saw improvement across the board in these areas against the #1 team in the country. Now dont get me wrong, it felt like Clemson kind of didnt bring there "A" game today at all and there game prep seemed non existent..BUT White called alot less "guessing" slant downs.. let the guys go one on one in the middle and we held our own moslty... LB's did a decent job filling the right gaps and got downhill some. The secondary absolutely played better than most of the teams Clemson will see this year.. Overall, its obvious we have ACC level talent all over the place that are extremely young and undersized right now.. I think the future looks pretty good for us on D as long as we can fill some DT needs going transfer portal...

Now the O: Tucker has shown me more skill/vision and natural ability as a true freshman than any SU RB in recent memory.. He is an ACC level talent and over the next few years i could see him being one of the conference best. In the back of my mind over the first few games i noticed Queeley was open a bunch.. we overthrew him a few times deep and i was wondering might he be good enough to be our #1 guy? Today i think I can say I think he might be good enough.. needs some more development.. but i like him and he has not dropped many passes this year... Hendrix looked decent as well and is a large target.. I want him to get some more run and see if we can use his size in the offense on the outside.. Move Harris to the slot and his speed can be used to create space on intermediate routs for the outside WR's as safeties will have no choice but to respect his deep ball.. I think the offense might open up more making the switch. The QB play basically got away from us in the late 3rd/4th Quarter.. but overall I felt our OL played decent today... WR's had a decent day against 2 NFL corners... I think we are seeing growth.. we might be able to win a couple more games...

Last edited:
Corners were outstanding today, secondary didn't get beat outside of the TE seam play. D-line played better than last week but still too many times Lawrence had all day to throw

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom