I think we're trending up | Syracusefan.com

I think we're trending up

raf4488

Starter
I'm comfortable saying we're the sixth best ACC team at this point. That was a good performance on the road against a really good team done in by some, uh, questionable calls but mostly by free throw shooting and OB not playing nearly as well as we need him to.

After the NC State debacle, we've gone 1-2 but are clearly playing much better. Blew out Louisville, lost competitively to Duke and @ UNC. Had halftime leads in all 3, and could've gone 3-0 with better free throw shooting.

I've seen a lot of complaining on the board and I get it - this was supposed to be a team challenging for an ACC title and people are sick of the mediocrity and want the program to look like "Syracuse" again. But this team is still watchable and plays hard.

I think/hope we see Battle bringing up the ball for most possessions, as the offense looks so much better when you have someone with the ball who is capable of blowing by their defender. Put Howard off the ball when he's on the floor; let Battle drive and get looks for himself or kick it to Frank/Buddy/Hughes. Post up Oshae, get Marek as many minutes as possible, let Chukwu screen and grab rebounds.

This is a pretty good team right now. I guarantee we don't just beat Wake before the NCAA Tournament, and probably win more than 2.

I'm comfortable saying we're the sixth best ACC team at this point. That was a good performance on the road against a really good team done in by some, uh, questionable calls but mostly by free throw shooting and OB not playing nearly as well as we need him to.

After the NC State debacle, we've gone 1-2 but are clearly playing much better. Blew out Louisville, lost competitively to Duke and @ UNC. Had halftime leads in all 3, and could've gone 3-0 with better free throw shooting.

I've seen a lot of complaining on the board and I get it - this was supposed to be a team challenging for an ACC title and people are sick of the mediocrity and want the program to look like "Syracuse" again. But this team is still watchable and plays hard.

I think/hope we see Battle bringing up the ball for most possessions, as the offense looks so much better when you have someone with the ball who is capable of blowing by their defender. Put Howard off the ball when he's on the floor; let Battle drive and get looks for himself or kick it to Frank/Buddy/Hughes. Post up Oshae, get Marek as many minutes as possible, let Chukwu screen and grab rebounds.

This is a pretty good team right now. I guarantee we don't just beat Wake before the NCAA Tournament, and probably win more than 2.

Agreed. How soon we forget the major hurdles we faced with the injuries to start the year. I thought Frank's foot would have healed better but he is not at the same level as last year (no drives to the rim and cannot yet handle the ball in the press). Carey has not yet developed enough to help. And yet, Duke and UNC cannot overlook us. We have a shot at stealing a win against UVA. We should beat Wake and Clemson heading into the ACC Tourney.

its all on boeheim. and i dont mean buddy. if he continues with frank as the starting pg we're going nowhere. i dont trust him to make the change to battle.

its all on boeheim. and i dont mean buddy. if he continues with frank as the starting pg we're going nowhere. i dont trust him to make the change to battle.

Dude frank played big time basketball in the first half. Shoulda been up 10-15 and solidly in control but we all know what actually happened. Who knows how the second half goes if that game is called even remotely fair in the first 20 mins.

Dude frank played big time basketball in the first half. Shoulda been up 10-15 and solidly in control but we all know what actually happened. Who knows how the second half goes if that game is called even remotely fair in the first 20 mins.
Frank belongs in there...just on the wing and not at point.

Frank did not combine for 0-7 from the line and 6 rebounds. The fact that he doesnt drive anymore to draw free throws is an issue in itself, but you can’t do much worse than 0-7.

Frank had more assists than our starting forwards had rebounds. Let that sink in.

Our team had the win and did not show urgency until unc had the full momentum. Tyus’ heroics may work often but not against a top 5 seed

Funny as this may seem we still could go very far in this tournament. As bad as it looks sometimes we could of won last night and didn't because we beat ourselves.

can't be shocked at 1-2 in these last 3. Wake is another story. Game we should win but...
No one is shocked. We are all super disappointed and frustrated that we could have and in all rights probably should have been 3-0. Lots of blame to go around.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennie87

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom