I think what bothers me the most | Syracusefan.com

I think what bothers me the most

Flacusian

All Conference
was the apparent lack of effort to play as a TEAM and the whiny grimmaces which were on the faces after some of the calls. MCW has been lauded profusely since the beginning of the season and the kid has one assist? I can give kids a pass for having a bad game but when the bad attitude leaks out for all to see it's a poor reflection on a great PROGRAM steeped in tradition with a legacy of gritty players who stepped up to the plate when the chips were down. They didn't whine. I wish some of GMAC would rub off on MCW.

And... I wish someone would answer this for me. Why the don't you get the ball to CJ when he is the only consistent scoring option in a game like this one. He is out guttiest and most consistent player. Great players bear down and double their effort when the chips are down. It's a shame when a player who could carry you during an off game isn't provided the opportunity to do so. CJ sat out the end of the game. What was that about?

Sorry but I love this program and I've been a fan for 40 years. To-nites game was one of the must unsettling performances I've ever seen of a Syracuse basketball team. It wasn't just an off night. There was no apparent leadership present out there at all. I think when players put that Orange jersey on they need to play with everything they've got and in such a fashion that it benefits the team not the individual. We were out hustled, out hearted, and out teamed. Uconn deserves credit for giving us a pretty good beat down. They played with heart and intensity from start to finish.

End of rant, thanks I feel a little better

This was more than just an off night. SU beat UConn three times last year- at home, on the road and on a neutral court. Both teams were better last year, of course. But this loss, like a few others, tells me a lot about this team.

was the apparent lack of effort to play as a TEAM and the whiny grimmaces which were on the faces after some of the calls. MCW has been lauded profusely since the beginning of the season and the kid has one assist? I can give kids a pass for having a bad game but when the bad attitude leaks out for all to see it's a poor reflection on a great PROGRAM steeped in tradition with a legacy of gritty players who stepped up to the plate when the chips were down. They didn't whine. I wish some of GMAC would rub off on MCW.
it was so obvious I could see it from the upper deck

MCW just inst very mature right now. He is easily rattled and he doesn't react to adversity like a veteran or composed player. Tonight, that was compounded by Triche also having an off night. That's basically all it was. I firmly believe that MCW should not go pro unless he can grow up a lot. He will get drafted but I don't see him getting a second contract unless he addresses this and some other holes in his game. If the entire goal is a single pay day and not a career in the NBA, then leaving is the right move.

There are lots of reasons why we lost tonight. Here's one big reason - 3PM-A - UConn 57.1%, SU 17.4%.

If we just hit 35%, even if everything else stays the same, we win. Hitting 4 out of 23 is worse than awful. James, at 44%, hit all 4. Nobody else on the team hit a single three the entire game.

Our offense wasn't great, but our defense cost us this game.
This was our first truly lackluster defensive performance this year.
uconn was getting open shots all night.
I don't think the guards had an answer 4 boatright's speed.

MCW just inst very mature right now. He is easily rattled and he doesn't react to adversity like a veteran or composed player. Tonight, that was compounded by Triche also having an off night. That's basically all it was. I firmly believe that MCW should not go pro unless he can grow up a lot. He will get drafted but I don't see him getting a second contract unless he addresses this and some other holes in his game. If the entire goal is a single pay day and not a career in the NBA, then leaving is the right move.

He needs another year to mature as a player. He is very fragile out there mentally.

There are lots of reasons why we lost tonight. Here's one big reason - 3PM-A - UConn 57.1%, SU 17.4%.

If we just hit 35%, even if everything else stays the same, we win. Hitting 4 out of 23 is worse than awful. James, at 44%, hit all 4. Nobody else on the team hit a single three the entire game.

As a long-time fan, we see games like this every year. An opposing team gets hot against the zone and we lose to a less talented team. 57% from 3-point range is incredible, and probably UConn's best shooting night of the year. Syracuse shot poorly and was not able to score in transition. The UConn guards played great open floor defense and somehow they hung with us on the boards. MCW needs to be a facilitator rather than a scorer, but I really liked watching him take the smaller guards down low. If we played this team again, they would not shoot that well and we would win. I am not concerned about this loss, just angry.