I thought last night was the night | Syracusefan.com

I thought last night was the night

Newhouser

Hall of Fame
in most games like last night SU seems to be the team that controls play and ends up getting the short end on the 50-50 calls, the miracle shots or someone shooting out their a--, and helps their opponent with mind numbing decisions that leave one saying "what are we doing?"

Last night however seemed like the sneaker was on the other foot. I thought the stripes helped us especially in the press, Frank was hot and hit a lucky 3, UNC did their part imitating the Virginia press attack from the Regional Finals...the stars were aligned, but alas 2 airballs, an unforced turnover, and a final sequence design and execution that was interesting to say the least, and my dream was shattered.

That said - we aren't done. We lose Saturday but if - IF - we can win at BC and beat Clemson I think we are in decent shape.

Last nights loss hurt but one possession home losses to one of the best teams in the country don't hurt as much as one possession home losses to a league rival without 3 starters.

They are a lot better than we are this year. I don't think UNC beats them at Cameron.

Is this considering the probably absence of Bagley? Generally I agree with you that they are better than us, with or without him. But, especially without him, anything can happen. I think Duke will probably win, but we've managed to compete and stay in most games this year.

Is this considering the probably absence of Bagley? Generally I agree with you that they are better than us, with or without him. But, especially without him, anything can happen. I think Duke will probably win, but we've managed to compete and stay in most games this year.
Probably better off without him right now. This was the game I was least confident about winning this year..I will be glad to eat crow but I would be stunned if we won at duke.

The UNC game last night was almost a carbon copy of last years Lville game at home. Top 25 opponent with a big lead that we storm back on only to miss a few open shots late and give the game away.

1 and 50 perhaps.

I think the guys really want this one. Call me Pollyanna... but I think Chewy wants some redemption, and the guys won't mail it in. Duke doesn't have anywhere near the weapon Pinson was (do they?). Just have to hope that they come in over confident and we come out firing, or at least ugly it up enough to have a shot at the end.

I think the guys really want this one. Call me Pollyanna... but I think Chewy wants some redemption, and the guys won't mail it in. Duke doesn't have anywhere near the weapon Pinson was (do they?). Just have to hope that they come in over confident and we come out firing, or at least ugly it up enough to have a shot at the end.
We all really want this one. Maybe they will come in over confident. I just don't see a way we win this one.

Seems like the pattern has been set. Lose at home in a game that shoulda woulda coulda won and go on the road to what seems like a sure loss and play a great game and come out with a win. Duke game will be the same result.

We all really want this one. Maybe they will come in over confident. I just don't see a way we win this one.

Of course everyone wants to win every game, that really wasn't my point. I dunno, sometimes hustle, desire and grit overcome raw talent... It's one thing I love about college sports - the intangibles-... I prefer to be optimistic and think we have those intangibles in spades, if not just for this game-- and for them, it would be a hiccup if they lost & no real external motivation.

We have kept high scoring offenses (minus FSU), well below their average for the most part. Also I think Duke is more apt to live or die from three than follow the Carolina game plan- if they aren't "on from 3" then we will be at the very least in the game.