I took the NC State loss harder than this one... | Syracusefan.com

I took the NC State loss harder than this one...

A Clockwork Orange

2022 Cali Winner (Overall Record)
After the NC State game (on the heels of a good performance against FSU) I knew that this team didn't have it, and it wasn't a matter of a "slump" or having to "shake off rust" or even "tired legs." This team just wasn't very good offensively when teams learned what to do on defense against them.

We have bad outside shooters, with only one guy who is even a reasonable penetrator (Ennis). That's all you need to know. This loss isn't surprising, as I knew after that NC State game that we would go down because our offense was the worst I've ever seen an SU offense be. They deserved to lose because they just weren't really that good in the first place. We were a one trick pony, and when that trick was figured out, it was just a downhill spiral.

I love CJ and Baye and what they did for SU in their four years. I will miss those guys a lot. Lets be honest though -- CJ should never have been a number one option. Good complimentary player, but just didn't have the offensive diversity to ever be "the" guy. It's not his fault, he's a fantastic second guy, just not meant to be the top guy.

As for Baye, what can you say. He isn't a real athletic guy, but he gave it his all in his four years here, every bit of himself. He became a team leader, a vocal presence, and a valuable locker room guy. I never expected him to have as much of an impact on Syracuse basketball as he did. I'll miss him like I miss Kueth Duany and Kristof Ongenaet.

A disappointing season if only because they were never anywhere near as good as we all hoped when they went 25-0. Still, time moves on and SU basketball will be back next year. I look forward to it.

This was NCAAs...way worse
Did you even read the post, or just the headline? This one wasn't hard for me to take because I knew full well this would be the way we went out. Not a good offensive team, and not a top 20 team by the end of they year. My hope in this team coming out of a "slump" ended against NC State. I realized it wasn't a slump, it's who we were. I thought I made that pretty clear, but you must not have read the post.

it would been nice to last another game but Kansas was destroying SU next week anyway

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom