i trust boeheim | Syracusefan.com

i trust boeheim

I hope so. Only two weeks or so before Conference play so it better get done. Any Vegas odds right now on making the Tourney?

I sure hope so. As Francis mentioned in his pod we need to go at worst, 11-7 in conference, to make it. Especially if GTown and StJ stay mediocre or bad down the road since we will have ZERO resume worthy wins non-conference.

I'm taking the same approach as Francis basically. If we lose to both GTown or StJ then it's a nail in the coffin since they won't beat Pitt or VTech before UNC. I'm going to take a hiatus and wait until after the UNC game to see what our prognosis is.

I think Jimmy will get the D figured out, but unfortunately, that will not be enough. We will have to score some points.

Looking at the O side, there is a lot of work to be done. The upside will be limited wo good PG play. It will take 180 degree turn-around by Howard and Gillon. I so hate to be a naysayer, but I just can't see it happening in time to salvage this season as I do not see either as an elite PG in the first place. Also, there is the Lydon issue, I do think that he has a good chance to turn around his season because I believe the skillset is there, but right now he is playing like a deer in the headlights. It might only take a couple of good games for him to get out of his funk, but until that actually happens he remains an enigma. I have posted before and I say again, I think a huge key is Roberson. He potentially brings toughness, athleticism, and rebounding. I just think it cannot happen for this team wo him playing as well as he did for most of last season. And while he isn't a go to scorer, when he is on his game he gets the 8 to 10 "free" points that could potentially represent the edge in many games. Jimmy seems to have a short leash on this kid - there is simply not enough toughness wo him on the court.

Most of all, the staff has to pick it up. Anything is correctable except nonchalance, and that is what I have seen too of from this team across the board. It is the coach's job to get the fire lit.

As Francis mentioned in his pod we need to go at worst, 11-7 in conference, to make it.
eh I get your gist and I appreciate Francis' pods and his recruiting acumen but this 11-7 proclamation is as much of a "spittballing" as anything. if you want a reasoned, proven take on what will be needed, pay attention to what jncuse is saying

Well with the amount of people on the Football board who have found a way to trust every staff thats been in here over the last 15 years, we probably should trust Boeheim a little.

Considering we were in the Final Four last year, I think that is a good idea.

I'll give myself some credit for this.

Please nobody bump the thread I made a week later saying we ain't making the tournament lol. Of course that could still be true :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom