I was at the Hoyas' first BE visit to the Dome | Syracusefan.com

I was at the Hoyas' first BE visit to the Dome

Moontan

2017 ESPN College Bowl Pick’em Winner
... so I might as well be there for the last.

Any others on the board that will have been there for both?

A pre- and/or post- game get-together would seem very appropriate.

I was there too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was there too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Holy Ghost of Ralph Dalton! I was there for that one too.

4 pm Saturday game. Sheraton? Move down to Armory Square or a sports bar for more room and ability to break down the game?

I was there for the first. Working on the last.

4 pm Saturday game. Sheraton? Move down to Armory Square or a sports bar for more room and ability to break down the game?
Both sound good to me... though the Sheraton location is mighty convenient.

Holy Ghost of Ralph Dalton! I was there for that one too.

And Ed "Sam the Mailman" Spriggs. This was the 23 rebound Danny Schayes game, and the Marty Headd buzzerbeater.
(I am typing this pre-Google, gonna go there and check.)

Was there as well, as I was on February 12, 1980. Payback time.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358555869.177332.jpg

This was the 23 rebound Danny Schayes game, and the Marty Headd buzzerbeater.
Marty lived on my floor in Lawrinson. Danny lived a few floors up.

The first time I went to get on a Lawrinson elevator, Danny got off the elevator... having to tilt his head and duck to avoid hitting his head ... something Fab should've learned.

Man.. what I'd give to travel back in time for a weekend.

Was there as well, as I was on February 12, 1980. Payback time.

View attachment 2014
I had to look a few times at that. That is for the last Manley game. Didn't go to that one, but listened agonizingly on the radio at work. I remember feeling good because we were up like 31-19 at that half and Georgetown looked absolutely dreadful on offense. One of the earlier games in a ten-or-so-year run of turning wins into losses at the free throw line. Marty Headd missing shots when he was the exact guy you would want on the line.

And Ed "Sam the Mailman" Spriggs. This was the 23 rebound Danny Schayes game, and the Marty Headd buzzerbeater.
(I am typing this pre-Google, gonna go there and check.)
Good memory!

From orangeboops.org:
On February 9th, the team would beat Georgetown 66-64 on a last second driving jump shot by Headd.

Good memory!

From orangeboops.org:
I went to wiki to check afterwards and one thing I forgot was that Marty broke his hand and missed the BET and Post-Season. The other thing I take from that season was we were playing as well as anyone outside of Indiana at the end of the year. We blew through a pre-Ewing Hoya team, a pre-Mullin SJ team and a nice 'Nova team in the 3OT titles game.
Got snubbed for the NCAA despite 21 wins and a BE championship (not AQ then) and then played and won against Ron Perry and Holy Cross, Mike McGee and Michigan, and Doc Rivers and Marquette. Lost in like 2OT in the title game to Paul Pressey and Tulsa in a classic NIT game, when the NIT had more meat to it (only half the teams made the NCAA as they do today)

I was at both. Of course, I was a teeny weeny infant at that first meeting.

I also was at that first one. And at last count about 50,000 others were too.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I also was at that first one. And at last count about 50,000 others were too.

Another point of reference back then 23000 was in the "record crowd" area. We were nowhere near broaching 30k then. I remember when we had 23k vs St Johns it was large type above the fold headlines in the P/S

Another point of reference back then 23000 was in the "record crowd" area. We were nowhere near broaching 30k then. I remember when we had 23k vs St Johns it was large type above the fold headlines in the P/S
From the same orange hoops.net page:
They would play before 26,257 fans on February 14th, a new school record

During my days on the Hill, 25k was a great crowd.
I was there for the first 7 30+k games.

Hoping for 30+k at this year's G'Town game.

I was at SU-Georgetown for the first BE basketball tourney in Providence in 1980. And I attended the last SU game at Providence last week. Sad.

I was at SU-Georgetown for the first BE basketball tourney in Providence in 1980.

I was there too. Sat behind basket near the top. I didn't see you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom