I was happier when Wiscy had the ball | Syracusefan.com

I was happier when Wiscy had the ball

I was kind of nice seeing them run JB's stall ball for him. As someone else said in another thread, the blocking/reach foul call on Scoop with a minute to go didn't bother me that much because it meant they were going to eat a huge portion of that minute trying to get a shot off that would at worst would have tied the game, but us the opportunity to hold the ball for the last shot and a win or OT.

Fewer possessions seemed like our friend at that point.

SO glad in ended in regulation .with the foul trouble i really didn't like our chances in OT.

It was the same thing they did all game. (Obvious statement of the day, I know.) The thing that impressed me the most about them was how they wouldn't really start to run a play / try to score until about 8-10 seconds on the clock, *each time*. Which meant they had one hack at it, each time. And they still scored, like, *each time*. Incredibly impressive -- even accounting for their crazy good shooting night.

SO glad in ended in regulation .with the foul trouble i really didn't like our chances in OT.

We weren't really in foul trouble. Yes, we lost Baye, but Christmas only had 3 and I think we could have put James in the lineup and been just as effective. Wiscy didn't take it to the hole on offense so having a true big wasn't critical and neither Baye nor Rak gave us much of anything in our offense. Biggest impact would have been rebounding and just guessing, I would say that 4 of Baye's 5 boards were in the first half.

When they got bailed out on that foul with 1 second on the shot clock with a minute left I didn't care because I knew they would use up 30 more seconds :noidea:

It was the same thing they did all game. (Obvious statement of the day, I know.) The thing that impressed me the most about them was how they wouldn't really start to run a play / try to score until about 8-10 seconds on the clock, *each time*. Which meant they had one hack at it, each time. And they still scored, like, *each time*. Incredibly impressive -- even accounting for their crazy good shooting night.

I thought it would be like an offense to end a half where a team holds onto the ball for 30 seconds for a last shot and ends up hoisting up some terrible off-balace 3 with two hands in their face from 5 feet behind the line because they ran out of time.

They gave themselves five seconds to run an offense and shot lights-out. It was insane.

even if they had won last night, i'm glad boeheim isn't as defeatist in his tactics. when you live to shorten games hoping for white knuckle wins, you get players who are fine with hoping for shortened white knuckle wins. boeheim will reduce possessions when they're up. i'm glad he doesn't do it from tipoff.

chip mentioned in another thread how they would pass up potential layups for 4 passes. i'd rather live with some SU's occasional bonehead decisions and the impression that boeheim just rolls the ball out.

it was nice when they burned 1:20 for us in one possession without scoring

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom