I was relieved | Syracusefan.com

I was relieved

PauliePeppas

Hall of Fame
Until I just saw that Brooks is only a Junior.. Thought for sure he was a senior. At UNC will be a lot of fun next year

Last edited:
How many 5 stars did this team have? 3? It’s not like this was ECU

Think I agree with Roy. He should be fired for taking a team with this level of talent to last place in the ACC. Started a lottery pick and two other future NBA'ers last night. Talent-wise this is one of the top 4 or 5 teams in the league.

Until I just saw that Brooks is only a Junior.. Thought for sure he was a senior. At UNC will be a lot of fun next year

With the commits they have they would have a roster of 15 next year. Obviously Anthony leaves to free up one spot. I think Bacot was considered a one-and-done at one point but expect him to return. Don't see Brooks in any mocks but have to think he is a candidate for early entry.

Think I agree with Roy. He should be fired for taking a team with this level of talent to last place in the ACC. Started a lottery pick and two other future NBA'ers last night. Talent-wise this is one of the top 4 or 5 teams in the league.
Yeah I mean let’s be real here. UNC had a good showing in a loaded Atlantis field, then they got crushed with injuries.

Anthony missed 11 games, Brooks missed 1 (loss to Louisville), Francis has missed 16, Robinson missed 9, Pierce missed 1, Black missed 1, Platek missed 2. The only guy who’s played every game is Bacot (a freshman) and he has missed parts of several games with injuries (including last night). And Keeling (a transfer) who has had good games but also his PT go up and down

this tar heels team has a mix of young guys, and older vets who have never really played in their careers up until this season (with the exception of Brooks). They probably needed time together but the constant injuries really prevented them from gelling.

I agree it’s not a classic UNC team, but if you watched last nights game there’s no way you can say this is the worst team in the ACC. They are clear cut a top 5 talented team in the ACC. Theyre more talented than a team like Houston

I just don’t want to see them next week, the talent is there for them to make a run

The Roy Williams game plan vs. SU is simple. They're happy to play the half-court game because they can always play volleyball on the inside and score a million second chance points. Their roster always has tons of guys that can out-muscle and out-quick us inside. We won't solve them until we can match them inside.

He's going pro, right? I mean, why would one waste a year of earning potential and risk injury in the process?!?!?!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom