I will admit it .. I did not think we would win | Syracusefan.com

I will admit it .. I did not think we would win

Guinness

Living Legend
I have been down on this team all year.

I thought Zeller was exactly the kind of guy that would eat us up inside. Forget winning .. I thought unless our guys shot absolute lights out we could get blown out.

I could not have been more wrong.

For us to have Fair and Southerland be virtual non-factors on offense and lead this pretty much wire to wire is simply unbelievable. Almost as unbelievable as our bigs absolutely shutting Zeller down.

Just an unbelievable game and I have never been more happy to be so wrong.

LGO!

I have been down on this team all year.

I thought Zeller was exactly the kind of guy that would eat us up inside. Forget winning .. I thought unless our guys shot absolute lights out we could get blown out.

I could not have been more wrong.

For us to have Fair and Southerland be virtual non-factors on offense and lead this pretty much wire to wire is simply unbelievable. Almost as unbelievable as our bigs absolutely shutting Zeller down.

Just an unbelievable game and I have never been more happy to be so wrong.

LGO!
you must feel your burden has been lessened with all this type thing lately :)

But I hear ya. I gave them a 50/50 chance on it. I'll repeat what I said when anyone asked me pre tourney that I could see them losing in the first round or getting to the FF. I think we make Atlanta and that's a hell of an accomplishment. In fact what they've done is already a heck of an accomplishement. Fun once again...(and for the record you're right a whole hell of a lot more than you're wrong :)

It looked like SU's defense got into Zeller's head (and Oladipo's, as well) almost immediately, and they never looked comfortable out there. SU's physical play seemed to take IU by surprise. I loved the hard fouls.

I was 95% sure we'd win this game.

Marquette, not so much.

I don't think Indiana worked very hard to establish Zeller.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom