I will be happy | Syracusefan.com

I will be happy

CUSEBB1

2nd String
when teams are not embarrassed to get beat by us again.The score has alot to do it with it.But i liked the days when it wasn't embarrassing to lose to SU.We win and its because they had a bad game, we lose and we still suck.One of these days, we are getting there.

lol, that was actually hard to put into words.I knew i was gonna mumble it all up.

After a stretch of down years it's to be expected. It's going to take a 4-5 year stretch of winning records, bowl games, and a few more "upsets" before the masses get used to Syracuse being a winning program.

I know what your trying to say but I don't think it's as true right now as it was last year or the year before. It's not like we didn't upset teams all last year - really nothing new to do it again this year. Many people have commented since year 1 of Marrone (see joe paterno) that the players play hard and hit hard. So I would think that any fan that pays attention to CFB knows that playing SU might not be an easy game.

I get what your trying to say. It will be nice when we get positive attention rather than always being the team you should beat. We have turned that corner, IMHO. In this case we beat a ranked team and brought them to the woodshed. That will always be called an upset. On a side note I was listening to satellite radio after the game on the way home. (this was after the local guys were done) The discussion was whether football should be played on Friday night. The conversation turned into its ok for leagues like the Big East and MACC and sometimes ACC to play those games because those teams are B league and only real football can played on Saturdays... This was the theme through a couple of callers. I turned it off pissed off. We had beat a ranked team and to the national sports fans both WVU and CUSE were no better than Friday night high school football. Why do I care about their opinion? I guess I really don't but it is still annoying that we have to fight against those views.

It really is rather ridiculous that high school football would even be a factor. The ACC should definitely have at least one game every week on friday night with their new ESPN deal that they'll end up brokering with SU and Pitt coming in.

I get what your trying to say. It will be nice when we get positive attention rather than always being the team you should beat. We have turned that corner, IMHO. In this case we beat a ranked team and brought them to the woodshed. That will always be called an upset. On a side note I was listening to satellite radio after the game on the way home. (this was after the local guys were done) The discussion was whether football should be played on Friday night. The conversation turned into its ok for leagues like the Big East and MACC and sometimes ACC to play those games because those teams are B league and only real football can played on Saturdays... This was the theme through a couple of callers. I turned it off pissed off. We had beat a ranked team and to the national sports fans both WVU and CUSE were no better than Friday night high school football. Why do I care about their opinion? I guess I really don't but it is still annoying that we have to fight against those views.

That'll turn around once we start beating some of the established OOC teams. I personally loved the friday night game.

Not accusing you or anyone dedicated enough to post here, because I get the sentiment, but that is a bandwagon fan thing to say.

By the time we get to that point, it's going to be very easy and very fun to be a casual SU football fan.

Most of our best moments, football and basketball, have come as the underdog, the up-and-comers... let's just savor it.

How is that bandwagon? I completely agree, I cant wait until we become respected enough to not have the entire college fb world shocked that we beat wvu down. Seems like a pretty reasonable thing to say.

I am light years past being a bandwagon fan. Was born here 38 years ago as an Orange fan and 38 years later i am still here as an Orange fan.Would just be nice if our big wins were not thought of as flukes or luck or the refs or the other team had a bad day.And we win the game and the other team thinks we suck so bad they are embarrassed we beat them instead of them thinking that we have a dam good team.

How is that bandwagon? I completely agree, I cant wait until we become respected enough to not have the entire college fb world shocked that we beat wvu down. Seems like a pretty reasonable thing to say.

The college FB world isn't shocked that we beat WV any more then they are shocked that any other decent teams beat higher ranked teams over the weekend. If the talking heads thought it was a fluke it would be obvious in their comments; such as: WV falls apart, WV has a bad game, or WV gave the game away. I haven't heard any of that. The only thing I've heard and read is people talking about how we dominated them. Maybe it was unexpected but it's not unexpected because people think we suck, it's because WV was a highly ranked team. Big difference IMO

The college FB world isn't shocked that we beat WV any more then they are shocked that any other decent teams beat higher ranked teams over the weekend. If the talking heads thought it was a fluke it would be obvious in their comments; such as: WV falls apart, WV has a bad game, or WV gave the game away. I haven't heard any of that. The only thing I've heard and read is people talking about how we dominated them. Maybe it was unexpected but it's not unexpected because people think we suck, it's because WV was a highly ranked team. Big difference IMO

lol, you was debunking my post while i was still writing. Very neat trick.

It really is rather ridiculous that high school football would even be a factor. The ACC should definitely have at least one game every week on friday night with their new ESPN deal that they'll end up brokering with SU and Pitt coming in.

Then you've never been to the south ... the fact is if you want good exposure then you will want to play on a night when the kids you are recruiting are not playing ... it really is that simple and in the south on a Friday everyone is at the high school games ... it really is insane. While you or I might not mind a Friday night game the guys you are recruiting are out there playing and then come home to pile in front of the TV Saturday morning to watch the SEC on CBS. Its more a matter of making yourself accessible.

I will like reading that a team has a tough schedule because they play Syracuse, among other schools.

I will like reading that a team has a tough schedule because they play Syracuse, among other schools.
yup yup. just like when teams see the hoops team on their schedule.

Very good point.

That'll turn around once we start beating some of the established OOC teams. I personally loved the friday night game.

This means a win on September 8 2012, right?

lol, you was debunking my post while i was still writing. Very neat trick.

Not questioning your cred at all, we're all Bill Swerski's here. Don't blame you for taking offense though, I butchered that.

I'm saying by the time we get to that point, oh ho hum no surprise SU beat a ranked team in the Dome what else is new, the bandwagon's going to be rolllllllllllling.

I think there's plenty of people who are out there waiting to become superfans (ie, plenty of the hoops only crowd, you know some of these people) once we start getting that kind of respect.

Lou Holtz and the halftime show talked about how WVU was coming out slow. How he was waiting for them to get started and ignoring us completely(maybe because we smack ND around in most sports ALOT.)
And then aftergame he never got a word in because of sportcenter.

We were killing them at both lines of scrimmage, Nassib had 0 sacks in the first half, we were all over Smith, running the ball down their throat, they weren't running at all, had a kickoff return for a TD, and our secondary was playing pretty well. Outside of a Hail Mary catch TD (litterally) when we nearly took Smiths head off the only thing to knock was our punting. Thats deserving of some halftime respect if you ask me.

Beating a dead horse. There is always sabotage in college sports media its always been that way.

At one time it was considered "cute" when Boise won big games- now its an accepted part of the CFB season. Winning big games with regularity will happen under HCDM. Just a matter of time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom