"I will do everything in my power to ensure.." | Syracusefan.com

"I will do everything in my power to ensure.."

Millhouse

Living Legend
"I will do everything in my power to ensure that your next head coach will continue on the path toward making Syracuse University a national football powerhouse."

one thing that was in his power was to not hire the whole staff.

if this guy's nfl pedigree is so great and he was a HC candidate before even taking the SU job, surely he must have had some guys who he'd have been comfortable with on his staff

it's just another lie. coaches take their staffs, it's what they do, whatever. it's just worth noting all the ways he lies.

Anytime prior to midseason this year I wouldve thought him taking Hackett would help us improve.

"I will do everything in my power to ensure that your next head coach will continue on the path toward making Syracuse University a national football powerhouse."

one thing that was in his power was to not hire the whole staff.

if this guy's nfl pedigree is so great and he was a HC candidate before even taking the SU job, surely he must have had some guys who he'd have been comfortable with on his staff

it's just another lie. coaches take their staffs, it's what they do, whatever. it's just worth noting all the ways he lies.
While you were busy having a life, I exhausted my angst over the weekend with this. CTO's post put the finishing touches on it for me (not that I don't mind taking a parting shot at the selfish ahole who cares so much about his alma mater to put them even further behind the 8 ball - biggest hypocritical human being I've ever met in person).

I don't know if it's worth it. What's the end game here? A big list of lies or half-truths?

I'm moving on - any energy I have for this program and board will go to moving forward with HCSS.

I suspect that he had a short list of preferred assistant coaches, with some of the SU coaches as his Plan B. It could well be that not everyone is as thrilled with moving to Buffalo as FHCDM is, which has led him to Plan B... possibly more often than he'd expected.

On the flip side, I wonder those that represent the University told Doug would be done for the program, that was not.. Ie; facilities upgrades, higher pay for staff, etc. It's usually a two way street and I think it's clear thatsomebody or something affiliated with Syracuse University pissed Doug off. Schiano took plenty of assistants with him too and I saw he was the Rutgers bowl game... It's standard operating procedure but I believe there is definitely some ill will between the two parties but I would love to hear marrone's side of the story.

His NFL pedigree is solid but trying to get good assistants at Buffalo when there are plenty of jobs still open throughout the league? please, Buffalo is the Siberia of the NFL, nobody wants to coach there. Chan Gailey and Wannstedt were the last group, think about it.

On the flip side, I wonder those that represent the University told Doug would be done for the program, that was not.. Ie; facilities upgrades, higher pay for staff, etc. It's usually a two way street and I think it's clear thatsomebody or something affiliated with Syracuse University pissed Doug off. Schiano took plenty of assistants with him too and I saw he was the Rutgers bowl game... It's standard operating procedure but I believe there is definitely some ill will between the two parties but I would love to hear marrone's side of the story.

His NFL pedigree is solid but trying to get good assistants at Buffalo when there are plenty of jobs still open throughout the league? please, Buffalo is the Siberia of the NFL, nobody wants to coach there. Chan Gailey and Wannstedt were the last group, think about it.

nobody wanted to coach there when you had to humor and obey some doddering old fool

It just goes to show that the old adage of going with your first instinct is so often true. I have it on good (albeit entirely fictional) authority that the first draft of that sentence was actually:

"I will do everything in my power to ensure that you all remember me as a narcissistic pile of ambition and deceit."

Marrone walks down an aisle to his seats at the SU vs. GTown basketball game... Does he get booed?

While you were busy having a life, I exhausted my angst over the weekend with this. CTO's post put the finishing touches on it for me (not that I don't mind taking a parting shot at the selfish ahole who cares so much about his alma mater to put them even further behind the 8 ball - biggest hypocritical human being I've ever met in person).

my life this weekend involved the most puking i've ever done that didn't involved boilermakers or beer die

Can you direct me to CTO's post?

nobody wanted to coach there when you had to humor and obey some doddering old fool

Well there is that too but at the end of the day Buffalo is Buffalo, you can only put so much lipstick on a pig and it is arguably the worst destination city for any coach in the NFL. It's definitely bottom 2-3 and if there are still plenty of jobs to be filled as their a ton of vacancies. Im the biggest upstate/ western NY homer there is and even I realize that

Well there is that too but at the end of the day Buffalo is Buffalo, you can only put so much lipstick on a pig and it is arguably the worst destination city for any coach in the NFL. It's definitely bottom 2-3 and if there are still plenty of jobs to be filled as their a ton of vacancies. Im the biggest upstate/ western NY homer there is and even I realize that
it's still an NFL job. maybe they have to overpay a little.

I agree but if there are other options out there for in demand assistants Buffalo isn't going to win that battle.. They overpaid last year for free agents, Buffalo has some talent. I for one think that marrone will do a good job at Buffalo but certainly understand why he is struggling a bit to put a staff together

I'm dying to hear his side of it, unfortunately we never will. Never burn a bridge. But I hope there's no truth to your theory. The program is bigger than any one set of administrators running it at the time. So if he was p!ssed off at Gross/Cantor/BoT for broken promises, I hope he didn't take the staff with him, half to help him at the new job, and half as an FU to the admins. Not from a former player who cares so much about the program (or at least used to).

if some of the assistant coaches want to work for Doug in Buffalo and Doug think they qualify for the positions, it will be unfair for the assistants to be denied for opportunities just because Doug doesn't want to hurt SU.
There is really no much positives that can happen for a divorce. It is just what it is.
I have do doubt that this is Doug's dream job at the time he took it. the relationship apparently didn't go well during the 4 years for whatever reason and make him to think that it is time to move on. I am not sure what is more responsible for the current situation. I doubt it is fair to blame any one side. What is more important is for everyone involving in Syracuse footfall to realized that we let a golden opportunity of turning our football into big time slipped away and need to learn lesson to prevent similar situation happen to us again.

i think it will be a job that people will want when brady and belichick leave. right now, they take .500 coaches from the bigeast.

right now its like being 1 of the mississippi's in the SEC West. you just hope to have a winning season and go to a crappy bowl (wildcard).

Oh Lord

Marrone walks down an aisle to his seats at the SU vs. GTown basketball game... Does he get booed?

Not if those seats are in the Georgetown student section

His NFL pedigree is solid but trying to get good assistants at Buffalo when there are plenty of jobs still open throughout the league? please, Buffalo is the Siberia of the NFL, nobody wants to coach there. Chan Gailey and Wannstedt were the last group, think about it.[/qu Schianos
assistents just came from Pittsburgh

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom