I will never mock another program's situation ever again. | Syracusefan.com

I will never mock another program's situation ever again.

longislandcuse

Living Legend
We ripped Penn State and then had our own Bernie Fine fiasco.

We laughed at Rutgers and co. for being stuck in the Big East. Two secs later the B1G invites them to join their conference.

We also laughed and enjoyed the meltdown they had after they lost Schiano to Tampa Bay, well what do you know...

I'm assuming at some point we must have mocked somebody for losing their big man right before the tournament.

I can only imagine what kind of cosmic karma-filled backhand we have awaiting us for mocking UCONN's ordeal.

Don't forget uconn basketball and its APR issues.

Losing Doug would absolutely suck, but he's made Syracuse a much more attractive job. We shouldn't have to scrape the barrel for Greg Robinson.

And just looking t what Pitt has been through with their coaching situation, I think we'll be ok. It's just really bad timing.

48 hours ago everyone was making fun of all the Mountaineers who were turning in their "fan cards" and giving up on their program.

Now the SU fan cards are piling up in the return slot. :(

Losing HCDM would suck, but that's not what has me most worried at this point. What has me most worried is the fact that with this info coming out due to HCDM's possible departure, I really dont know if our University is capable or caring enough to support a major, winning football program. With football driving college athletics and the long, glorious history of Syracuse football it is completely insane to me that, that could be the case. Alas, I am a jock and view Syracuse University through sports colored lenses but any fan has to be concerned for the future with what we've read the past 2 days.

I can only imagine what kind of cosmic karma-filled backhand we have awaiting us for mocking UCONN's ordeal.

We could have very easily been in their shoes and should expansion continue we still might.

So i totally agree with you about not mocking other schools.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Don't forget uconn basketball and its APR issues.

Losing Doug would absolutely suck, but he's made Syracuse a much more attractive job. We shouldn't have to scrape the barrel for Greg Robinson.

And just looking t what Pitt has been through with their coaching situation, I think we'll be ok. It's just really bad timing.

Greg Robinson wasn't considered scrapping the barrel at the time. Any coach that will be available and want to come here will be a little bit of scrapping the barrel and a complete crap shoot.

Losing HCDM would suck, but that's not what has me most worried at this point. What has me most worried is the fact that with this info coming out due to HCDM's possible departure, I really dont know if our University is capable or caring enough to support a major, winning football program. With football driving college athletics and the long, glorious history of Syracuse football it is completely insane to me that, that could be the case. Alas, I am a jock and view Syracuse University through sports colored lenses but any fan has to be concerned for the future with what we've read the past 2 days.

My major concern isn't so much losing HCDM, its the lack of institutional support that caused HCDM to leave. This is a MUCH deeper concern for me. If the administration won't back one of their own with the tools required to be competitive, what makes you think they will "pony up" for someone else?

My major concern isn't so much losing HCDM, its the lack of institutional support that caused HCDM to leave. This is a MUCH deeper concern for me. If the administration won't back one of their own with the tools required to be competitive, what makes you think they will "pony up" for someone else?
It wont even matter if they pony up for someone else, because that someone else will eventually leave when they realize they cant succeed here because the University in all their infinite wisdom decides that they dont need to take the necessary steps to field a major football program. When the amount of applicants to Syracuse go spiraling down and admissions, donations etc are at an all time low due the fact our school has become irrelevant by the brand suicide going on right now, the University will only have itself to blame. Maybe then they will realize how important athletics and especially football are to the cache of a school. I can't believe we actually have to worry about this....smh.

My concern is why aren't there major givers to the football program. This isn't about the school not supporting football

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

My concern is why aren't there major givers to the football program. This isn't about the school not supporting football

Completely agree Bees. Lack of major donors is a huge long term concern.

But in the short term, why can't the football program use some of the ACC money to suppliment some of the immediate needs? The BOT can't be this short sighted, can they?

Cutting off the nose to spite their face.

That is definately an issue. I guess what I and alot of posters here are annoyed by, is the fact that we seem to be so close to turning that corner. We have a very good Head Coach who it seems would stay here if we gave him something to work with. We have an identity with good coordinators, a high octane offense, and an aggressive attacking defense. Fan support will come back with winning seasons and a quality product, call it bandwagon or whatever you want and unfortunately that is the case, but the fan support will come back. With the influx of ACC money, why can't the University just ante up and go in on the football program? It's not just a move for the fans, it benefits the University. The lack of big time football donors is an issue but we have the money now or at least will soon and we're so close. "Just make it happen" seems to be the sentiment of the messageboard, not just for us as fans, but its in the best interest of the school itself and we hope that they arent so dense to comprehend this.

I think alot of people here would donate if we actually had a fundraiser. Sometimes you just have to ask... I dont think too many people here knew what was actually going on behind the scenes. The poster with the 44forfootball has a great idea imo.

If they announced new facilities and pay raises and HCDM still bolted for the NFL, we would all understand, but we would also know that football program (and eventually the University) arent diving head first into a grave we've dug ourselves.

I've never understood why people laugh at someone else's misfortune. Kicking somebody when they are down is just plain wrong and yes, if you want to look at it selfishly it will come back and bite you in the ass.

We ripped Penn State and then had our own Bernie Fine fiasco.

We laughed at Rutgers and co. for being stuck in the Big East. Two secs later the B1G invites them to join their conference.

We also laughed and enjoyed the meltdown they had after they lost Schiano to Tampa Bay, well what do you know...

I'm assuming at some point we must have mocked somebody for losing their big man right before the tournament.

telling the board to , and realize you are in a glass house has been a theme of mine since the get go. nobody listens, and eventually, you too will be mocking some school for an offense that Syracuse will have commited worse on.

nothing can be done to stop it. everyone is on their own...

Oh Lord

Hate to say it: College Football is all that matters anymore in the Big Time College Sports. College Basketball has been so marginalized...they seemingly anymore get a handful of days in March for national discussion.

Paraphrasing Bill King this morning on Sirius CH91 said: We'll occasionally talk about college basketball throughout the winter but it will be mostly college football 24/7.

If Syracuse University doesn't get that...WTH are we in the ACC other than to cash a check? I don't want Cuse to be a parasite program. We might as well tear down the Dome, dumb down to 1-AA and join the C-7. Build a nice 12,000 arena, upgrade Coyne Field seating to 15,000 and watch from the sidelines. We are still in the game...but the school has to spend some money to make money. The biggest thing hurting this program is being afraid to be great.

Give DM and the staff Big Boy $$
Build a FB Practice Palace
Retrofit the Dome with Individual Seats between the 20's, install Orange benches elsewhere
Market the program from Rochester to Illion, Watertown to Binghamton/Elmira

Plan to build a new facility in ten years, right sized for our market and within a larger planned mixed use development on or just off the campus.

Hate to say it: College Football is all that matters anymore in the Big Time College Sports. College Basketball has been so marginalized...they seemingly anymore get a handful of days in March for national discussion.

Paraphrasing Bill King this morning on Sirius CH91 said: We'll occasionally talk about college basketball throughout the winter but it will be mostly college football 24/7.

If Syracuse University doesn't get that...WTH are we in the ACC other than to cash a check? I don't want Cuse to be a parasite program. We might as well tear down the Dome, dumb down to 1-AA and join the C-7. Build a nice 12,000 arena and watch from the sidelines. We are still in the game...but the school has to spend some money to make money. The biggest thing hurting this program is being afraid to be great.

Retrofit the Dome with Seat Backs between the 20's, install Orange benches elsewhere

Plan to build a new facility in ten years, right sized for our market and within a larger planned mixed use development on or just off the campus.

Make it Albany to Buffalo. Tour buses regularly came to games from the Albany area when I was a kid and the team played in Archbold. I remember coming for games against Army and Navy in particular.

Make it Albany to Buffalo. Tour buses regularly came to games from the Albany area when I was a kid and the team played in Archbold. I remember coming for games against Army and Navy in particular.

Albany and Buffalo IMHO are a waste of time right now. Buffalo is all Bills fans and a few Bull fans who hate us since we steal their thunder, Albany area is a weird area and never seemed to embrace college football. I think the bigger bang for the buck is to advertise to the areas within 90 miles (which is a comfortable distance to drive for a game).

As Destiny grows...maybe they can get with the Congel folks and market some weekend FB packages. I bet some guys from Ottawa and Scranton would love nothing better than to drop the wife off at Destiny and take a shuttle or train over to the Dome for a game and come back 4-5 hours later.

If Syracuse University doesn't get that...WTH are we in the ACC other than to cash a check? I don't want Cuse to be a parasite program. We might as well tear down the Dome, dumb down to 1-AA and join the C-7. Build a nice 12,000 arena, upgrade Coyne Field seating to 15,000 and watch from the sidelines. We are still in the game...but the school has to spend some money to make money. The biggest thing hurting this program is being afraid to be great.

Retrofit the Dome with Individual Seats between the 20's, install Orange benches elsewhere

Wake up a little dramatic this morning?

Wake up a little dramatic this morning?

Yup...took two Midols and still raging...:p

I live away from CNY...so I have a unique perspective on how it is out here in flyover country. CFB is king. Cuse needs to get on board or get off.

Yup...took two Midols and still raging...:p

I live away from CNY...so I have a unique perspective on how it is out here in flyover country. CFB is king. Cuse needs to get on board or get off.

I think SU is on board. Major givers aren't.

Why not a due to/ due from reconciliation? They figure out how much was diverted from the Athletic Dept in the 90's under Shaw and simply have that amount returned. I would not be surprised if the amount was enough to start construction.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom