I would like to ask a question about the transfer portal | Syracusefan.com

I would like to ask a question about the transfer portal

OttoinGrotto

2023-24 Iggy Award Most 3 Pointers Made
So... when does the portal really heat up?

It would seem to me that there are some specific timelines related to when the portal gets an influx of entrants, and when guys are picked up from the portal.

It feels like the semester break is a time when the portal would be hoppin'. (PORTAL BE HOPPIN') If a player wants a change in scenery, it seems like it makes sense to jump between semesters so they can get started at their new school and participate in spring ball, assuming that happens. Right? If that's correct, it would seem like if our program is going to have many more players leave, that time is coming soon, likewise, if we're going to get someone in that could potentially vie for playing time with a strong spring showing, maybe we would hear of some things soon.

Next, it seems that after spring ball would be another time for the portal to heat up. For some players, the writing is on the wall that it's a steep climb to see the field, so guys have some context to decide to move along. For players under new coaches, it also gives them a little time to see how well they fit with the new coach. For programs, spring ball would likely highlight areas of strength and weakness on their team, and the portal could be viewed as a solution to shore up things.

Is the way I'm thinking it works actually how it works? For our program, I'm curious to see if there are many other players entering the portal, and who they might be, as well as if there are any players interested in coming and where they might solidify the depth chart.

I just want a login. Or some access to the back end. Not in the way you sinners are thinking.

but you have to get hyper aggressive as well when discussing the transfer portal. DINO NEEDS TO POUND THE PORTAL!!! He needs 3 new QB's 6 DT's 12 O Lineman and 4 new receivers!!

It can never be discussed as if a guy here or a guy there would really help. It needs to be POUNDED! and anything less is just another EXCUSE!!!! NO MORE EXCUSES!!!

but you have to get hyper aggressive as well when discussing the transfer portal. DINO NEEDS TO POUND THE PORTAL!!! He needs 3 new QB's 6 DT's 12 O Lineman and 4 new receivers!!

It can never be discussed as if a guy here or a guy there would really help. It needs to be POUNDED! and anything less is just another EXCUSE!!!! NO MORE EXCUSES!!!

And a partridge in a pear tree.

I think the math is that there is a mass exodus of all your good players and you pound the portal to bring in more better players, even if you already have at least 21 HS kids lined up with and are constrained by the 25 per class cap. I guess you somehow can magically back date 20 kids and have a mega class because the portal says you can.

I think the math is that there is a mass exodus of all your good players and you pound the portal to bring in more better players, even if you already have at least 21 HS kids lined up with and are constrained by the 25 per class cap. I guess you somehow can magically back date 20 kids and have a mega class because the portal says you can.
You can see the type of thinking that led to my question, yes.

When I did GradTransfer, this was the start of prime time. Things would trickle in during the season, go crazy right after Christmas, and then bump again after Spring and start of summer.
Ok, cool, so after Christmas is the time to have eyes open.

Who do I call to get my password reset for the portal?
I can't find my log in info ;)

I just want a login. Or some access to the back end. Not in the way you sinners are thinking.
Who do I call to get my password reset for the portal?
I can't find my log in info ;)
That's one of the reasons I stopped doing the site. It was a ton of work to scour Twitter, and I didn't have the connections or the guts to start asking for portal access.

there's a mass exodus missing, has anybody seen it?

There might still be decisions to be made, conversations to be had, but if Dino lost the locker room to the extent was speculated here, wouldn't all that have gone down by now?

Between the senior leaders returning and the low number of kids announcing, and effort shown the last two games wasn't all that speculation as unfounded and overblown as many of us said it was?

Wednesday will be another data point on the state of the program. Any rumors about commits jumping ship?

Last edited:

There might still be decisions to made, conversations to be had, but if Dino lost the locker room to the extent was speculated here, wouldn't all that have gone down by now?

Between the senior leaders returning and the low number of kids announcing, and effort shown the last two games wasn't all that speculation as unfounded and overblown as many of said it was?

Wednesday will be another data point on the state of the program. Any rumors about commits jumping ship?

Supposedly 20/21 plan to sign early on Wed.

The other plans to sign in Feb.

Dino has totally lost this class. :p

As a person who has used those exact terms i lol’ed

There might still be decisions to be made, conversations to be had, but if Dino lost the locker room to the extent was speculated here, wouldn't all that have gone down by now?

Between the senior leaders returning and the low number of kids announcing, and effort shown the last two games wasn't all that speculation as unfounded and overblown as many of us said it was?

Well it’s hard to advocate for replacing Dino with a professional portal pounder if there aren’t mass defections.

How else ya gonna get the tail to wag the dog?!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom