I would like to know.. | Syracusefan.com

I would like to know..

NineOneSeven

2018-19 Iggy Hoops Leader Scorer
..the percentage of the time Broyld gets a touch when he's on the field. You got to think opposing defenses will start adjusting to this, because to me it seems almost everytime Broyld is on the field the ball is going his way with little uncertainty. In fact, three times in the SB game I turned to my buddy and told him where the ball was going (number 1, obviously).

This is why he needs to be on the field as much as possible because if nothing else, defenses need to respect his running/receiving ability. I love seeing him next to Nassib in the shotgun formation because the kid is our best playmaker.

That is why he needs to get to the point of understanding his role(s) on more of the olaybook.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Well, when he's in at RB, he's going to get the ball on all running plays just like any other RB. On passing plays, he's one of several options - even if he's our first option, the D can't key on him that way.

Well, when he's in at RB, he's going to get the ball on all running plays just like any other RB. On passing plays, he's one of several options - even if he's our first option, the D can't key on him that way.

When he's at RB he will also have a blocking role in passing plays and certain running plays.

As I also mentioned in another thread, it isn't as simple as going in and taking a handoff and told to run threw a hole. There is also the ability to understand all the audibles, voice and hand signs, and how a called play that might change if the defense shifts after going to the line.

..the percentage of the time Broyld gets a touch when he's on the field. You got to think opposing defenses will start adjusting to this, because to me it seems almost everytime Broyld is on the field the ball is going his way with little uncertainty. In fact, three times in the SB game I turned to my buddy and told him where the ball was going (number 1, obviously).

This is why he needs to be on the field as much as possible because if nothing else, defenses need to respect his running/receiving ability. I love seeing him next to Nassib in the shotgun formation because the kid is our best playmaker.
heres the thing with a player like this, it almost doesn't matter if they know he's getting the ball as he can create and make people miss with his freakish athleticism. As long as others are doing their baseline responsibilities he can make something out of nothing and a lot out of a little most times. Can't wait to see him at qb one day.

When he's at RB he will also have a blocking role in passing plays and certain running plays.

As I also mentioned in another thread, it isn't as simple as going in and taking a handoff and told to run threw a hole. There is also the ability to understand all the audibles, voice and hand signs, and how a called play that might change if the defense shifts after going to the line.
Agree with all of this.

I've always considered pass blocking/risk to QB as the main factor limiting his playing time, but the ability to adjust to audibles is even more important. Although if they have to stick to the called plays for him right now, it makes his success even more impressive in some way, I guess.

I'd also guess that we aren't showing all the plays that he has down yet (e.g., HB option pass?). Wonder if they'll save that for conference play or show it this week to give Pitt something else to think about?

Agree with all of this.

I've always considered pass blocking/risk to QB as the main factor limiting his playing time, but the ability to adjust to audibles is even more important. Although if they have to stick to the called plays for him right now, it makes his success even more impressive in some way, I guess.

I'd also guess that we aren't showing all the plays that he has down yet (e.g., HB option pass?). Wonder if they'll save that for conference play or show it this week to give Pitt something else to think about?

As Marrone even intimated, he is being fed more each week.

heres the thing with a player like this, it almost doesn't matter if they know he's getting the ball as he can create and make people miss with his freakish athleticism. As long as others are doing their baseline responsibilities he can make something out of nothing and a lot out of a little most times. Can't wait to see him at qb one day.
mike williams comes to mind - go get the ball and do something awesome. playbook shmlaybook

have someone do the thinking for him until he gets the playbook down

not saying broyld's dumb, he's a freshman playing every position, anyone would need help

i'm with you. put him at qb eventually and give him a shotgun snap every down. vince young. basically run the mcnabb 3rd and long two minute offense. here's the ball, throw if someone's open if not, go do something awesome

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom