I would like to see Rak get a midlow post greenlight the next few games... | Syracusefan.com

I would like to see Rak get a midlow post greenlight the next few games...

orangefan13

Hall of Fame
I would like to see JB give Rak the greenlight to run the offense around him with 7-8 jumpers and post up hooks once or twice before BE starts. Utilizing his high verticle off the ground on those shots. That means 7-8 shots outside low post, dunks, and layups, not 7-8 total FG attempts.

Come big east, Rak will get bumped off balence in mid air alot this year when he tries to elevate high with the ball(it happened last game once or twice). He also got blocked 2-3 times last game because he didn't elevate as high as he could. And he only took 6 attempts. DC on the otherhand will get lowpost postion whenever he wants. And he never gets bumped off balence.

Not saying I know better, I just wonder if Rak needs a push to take more shots over his defender. He seems tentative in game or afraid of being pulled at times. As a guy who wants to play big minutes he could really use a chance to shoot alot without fearing the bench for missing shots and bad defense. We have 5 games left that won't be in jeoporady for players to practice. It would be a huge confidence builder if those shots started falling for Rak and help the team bigtime.

I am not saying I am right. Please try to respond somewhat respectfully (yes I have to call for board witness protection because I will be tagged insane for suggesting anything)

We've got about 6 better offensive options. Rak will have to stay happy to rebound, play defense and get his 3-4 looks per game.

I would like to see rak get a lot of offensive rebounds and either put it back it up and in or kick it back out.

No more.

Rak has shown nothing to make me think you can run the offense through him. I like him as a role player, but he has shown little in terms of an offensive game. Rak shooting jumpers as a number one option is a good way to get behind in a game against a solid opponent.

If Rak wants shots he needs to get them himself by crashing the glass and running the floor. If he shows consistant aggressiveness doing that maybe JB runs some plays for him at that point.

I don't think our bread and butter should be Rakeem Christmas taking tough, contested jumpers at any point this season. Carmelo and John Wallace, he is not.