Ice storm in Greensboro closed the airport today... | Syracusefan.com

Ice storm in Greensboro closed the airport today...

cto

Administrator
My original flight (if we had played yesterday) got cancelled this morning...

Sorry we lost on Friday night, but sure glad I was able to change my flight to Saturday.

Have heard from a number of friends who did not change their flights... and who are now stuck in Greensboro with no promise as to when they will get out.

Sorry we lost on Friday night, but sure glad I was able to change my flight to Saturday.

Have heard from a number of friends who did not change their flights... and who are now stuck in Greensboro with no promise as to when they will get out.
At least they enjoyed a rousing weekend of SU basketball.

i really can't rationalize the upside of ever going to the tourney there. If you lose, you're stuck in GREENSBORO! This is not NYC or Atlanta or DC or somewhere else with fun/interesting things to take your mind/attention off of basketball for a couple days. I can't fathom risking it. If I had the budget to do it, why wouldn't I just hold it and put it toward NCAA tourney travel?

i really can't rationalize the upside of ever going to the tourney there. If you lose, you're stuck in GREENSBORO! This is not NYC or Atlanta or DC or somewhere else with fun/interesting things to take your mind/attention off of basketball for a couple days. I can't fathom risking it. If I had the budget to do it, why wouldn't I just hold it and put it toward NCAA tourney travel?

I would have just drove. This way problem solved. My father went down and drove and let the next morning. Much easier to fly but then you have to deal with crap like this.

I would have just drove. This way problem solved. My father went down and drove and let the next morning. Much easier to fly but then you have to deal with crap like this.
Yes, and I met your father. Really nice guy. Neil Falcone introduced us!

Yes, and I met your father. Really nice guy. Neil Falcone introduced us!

He called me and said he met you. Glad you hooked up with them. They were certainly disappointed to be driving home Saturday morning. Long ways to go for one game.

They were pushing hard to get the late flights out last night as the weather grew progressively worse. Would not be surprised if my flight was the last flight out of there for a while...

My advice is to drive...any tourney setting where you are less than 12 hours by car and you have time. I don't mind driving and I like the flexibility to leave after an early exit. I have never been a guy who wants to stick around and watch other teams play when Cuse isn't.

theres a Stephen King novella in there somehow.....

What a nightmare.. and then every one starts running to the rental cars.