I'd love to see Rak succeed in the NBA but | Syracusefan.com

I'd love to see Rak succeed in the NBA but

CaliCuse

All American
I don't think he has enough offense in his game.At this level he depends on his paint game I don't think he gets away with this int the bigs His board work and maybe his defense will get him a sustained "look" I don't think its going to be enough to keep him on a team. He has awhile to develop at least a 10' J but he doesn't look for it enough to allow a teammate to cut behind his cover man for an easy assist. By next year Roberson will need to develop a shot to get PT out of Boeheim. or who ever is coaching . I presume its Jimmy until he keels over or wins NC2 in which case I strongly believe he will retire graciously and hand Mike Hopkins the reins

He's probably too small to play center in the NBA but I think there is a decent chance he can transition to PF in the NBA. We'll see.

He has a good looking stroke on his few J's so there's a real chance he can develop that and carve out a role. He needs to actually be 6'9" as well.

He's probably too small to play center in the NBA but I think there is a decent chance he can transition to PF in the NBA. We'll see.

He has a 7-3 or 7-4 wingspan, which might get him a look as a 5, but probably not as a 1st rounder. I think some of his NBA fate will depend on how well the scouts project his ability to defend PFs on the perimeter, and whether he can develop a face up game.

He has a 7-3 or 7-4 wingspan, which might get him a look as a 5, but probably not as a 1st rounder. I think some of his NBA fate will depend on how well the scouts project his ability to defend PFs on the perimeter, and whether he can develop a face up game.
He's got to be 6'9 235 (at the most). I don't care how big his wingspan is, that's too small for a center IMO.

If Rak was free to shoot the jump shot, he could make 2-3 a game from 15 feet. He's a pretty good shooter and he will show it if he plays at the next level. He can guard a 4. He's also very low maintenance and every NBA team needs a few of them.

I have to think that at PF he would need to score facing the basket which would very much include a short "J" Thats pretty much what I alluded to so we are in total agreement or so it seems

If he can play D at the next level and guard the guys his team needs guarded - and on top of that has any kind of offense (doesn't matter if he faces up or backs them down) he will get opportunities to play in the NBA. I think the OP is confusing the skills needed to be a 1st round or lottery pick with the skills needed to make an NBA roster. He may never be an all-star, but I think he has what it takes to be a solid rotation guy for someone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom