Idea for student section for Georgetown / Louisville games | Syracusefan.com

Idea for student section for Georgetown / Louisville games

RF2044

Living Legend
Hey students--if you've watched Marquette home games, their students utilize several big, spinning, hypnotic pinwheels to distract the opposing teams when they shoot free throws. I don't know about how it is for the players, but it is distracting as hell to watch on TV, and I can't imagine how it wouldn't have some impact on the free throw shooters' concentration.

Would LOVE to see the students whip up something like that for our upcoming home games. You never know--even a point or two could be the difference between a W or an L.

Edit: just looked for some video to show what I'm talking about, but couldn't find any. But here is an image of the type of design I'm referring to. Imagine trying to concentrate on free throws with two or three large versions of this spinning in front of you:

images

No need. We've got that older 'gentleman' in the first row who twirls his orange blinkie like an overgrown boy s cout. You can't do any better than that.

If they can ban the Hey song for being offensive, there should be grounds for issuing a restraining order for that clown.

No need. We've got that older 'gentleman' in the first row who twirls his orange blinkie like an overgrown boy s cout. You can't do any better than that.

If they can ban the Hey song for being offensive, there should be grounds for issuing a restraining order for that clown.

Occasionally he also throws it in the air! So I agree he is as big of a distraction as we need.

Occasionally he also throws it in the air! So I agree he is as big of a distraction as we need.

Speaking of that seating area. What ever happened to The Dome Knitter? Is that minx still around?

you would think the people sitting next to him would pull him aside and have a little chat.

Speaking of that seating area. What ever happened to The Dome Knitter? Is that minx still around?

Probably been hanging out with her brother, Marsh. Er, I mean the Dome Shitter.

RF...is NRF going to be up with my boy MW in his box on Saturday?

Not sure--he sits there most games, but might do his actual season ticket seats for the Georgetown game [which will obviously be packed, especially in the box].

I'm expecting a great game--hope it is similar to what worked against us at uconn, with a fired up crowd egged into a frenzy by the Carmelo jersey retirement ceremony, this being potentially the last ever home game against the hated hoyas, and our players rising to the occasion given the circumstances in front of the raucous home crowd.

Can't wait!

Hey students--if you've watched Marquette home games, their students utilize several big, spinning, hypnotic pinwheels to distract the opposing teams when they shoot free throws. I don't know about how it is for the players, but it is distracting as hell to watch on TV, and I can't imagine how it wouldn't have some impact on the free throw shooters' concentration.

Would LOVE to see the students whip up something like that for our upcoming home games. You never know--even a point or two could be the difference between a W or an L.

Edit: just looked for some video to show what I'm talking about, but couldn't find any. But here is an image of the type of design I'm referring to. Imagine trying to concentrate on free throws with two or three large versions of this spinning in front of you:

images

Unfortunately the students are set about 2.5 miles back from the court; only way they are distracting a free throw shooter is if the player happens to have a pair of binoculars strapped to his face.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who notices this guy. He was not on his game last night and stayed in his seat or only used one hand once. I am fascinated by him and if his life were a reality show I would have to watch. What a goof...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who notices this guy. He was not on his game last night and stayed in his seat or only used one hand once. I am fascinated by him and if his life were a reality show I would have to watch. What a goof...

They replaced the Dome Knitter with the Towel Queer.

They replaced the Dome Knitter with the Towel Queer.

Now that someone has brought up fascinations; I am fascinated with how scalpers make money on Marshall Street. Maybe I should quit my job and make a documentary about them.

On an off topic to this thread not, but related to my line of thinking this post, my inability to attend the Nova game led to a scalper skirmish. My 6 month old daughter was sick so I couldn't use my two fairly good tickets. I got them for 80 bucks a pop and was able to have my brother in law and sister sell them for me. They made a deal with a scalper to sell them both for 80. The scalper claimed to only have 75 so another scalper swoops in hands my brother in law 80 and takes the tickets. The original scalper then gets into a fist fight with the second scalper. One gets thrown into the street and after a few more punches they go their separate ways. I wish I had witnessed this scene firsthand and had recorded it. It would have made a great first scene in my documentary!