If a player must leave the game when his helmet comes off | Syracusefan.com

If a player must leave the game when his helmet comes off

Bortukal

All Conference
What's the penalty for having untied cleats? 15 yards? Loss of down?

I guess I'm a little slow, but what is the rationale for this rule?

I guess I'm a little slow, but what is the rationale for this rule?
My guess is that it's enforced because players who have their helmet taken off may not put it back on properly if they're in a rush to get back into the huddleor something...or the helmet would need to be inspected to make sure it isn't missing any pieces

It's all about the concussions. If the helmet comes off the implication is that it is not oncorrectly, or fit properly and could lead to injury. Last year it seemed every other play a helmet came off, not safe I assume the hope is coaches do not want players to have to come out so they will pay more attention to the small details like makng sure equipment is correct

It's a great rule to prevent head injuries and have players checked out. It's only 1 play, not a big deal. When you have list of names the size of the San Diego telephone book suing the NFL now for head injuries from the past 20 years I have no problem with theses schools and the NCAA protecting themselves. Safety first!

It's all about the concussions. If the helmet comes off the implication is that it is not oncorrectly, or fit properly and could lead to injury. Last year it seemed every other play a helmet came off, not safe I assume the hope is coaches do not want players to have to come out so they will pay more attention to the small details like makng sure equipment is correct

I guess. In all of the games I have ever watched though, not once did I ever see a player hurt as a result of is helmet coming off.

it's a 5 yd penalty, there was one called in the UT NC St game. Don't recall if it was also a loss of down or not

It supposd to be one play unless you are us who leaves their starting CB out for multiple plays at end of game.

It is a really stupid while the Reddish absence sucked the same thing happened to Colter on a 3rd down at the start of the 4th quarter and it helped us get a stop. My question is can you call a TO and the player come back in without missing a play or not. Taj Boyd the QB of Clemson had his helmet come off like 4-5 times in the Auburn-Clemson and they occured on critical downs this rule could cost a team a game easily.

Guess that would encourage coached to preach the importance of safety and not being sure helmets are fitted properly, and not altered

how long before ripping a helmet off a player becomes a strategic play to remove a player?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom