If Adam Scott wins this week, | Syracusefan.com

If Adam Scott wins this week,

PoppyHart

All American
he's indisputably the best player in the world. Eldrick can continue to pad his stats on the 4-5 courses that he owns (Firestone, Doral, Bay Hill, Torrey Pines) but put him in uncharted confines and he's a shell. Of his 79 wins, I believe only 2-3 have come in the Northeast (Bethpage and I think once in the Fedex Cup in Boston.) That said, Dufs is one of my favorite players and he's due. Discuss.

dufnering_2523128b.jpg

Tiger has won 3 of the top 8 tournaments in the world this year among his 5 wins. He won't win this one but he is having a heck of a year so far. His record in World Golf Championship tournaments is ridiculous and more should be made of it. Scott or Rose will have to win here or Tiger is going to be player of the year again and deservedly so.

If Scott wins, Woods will still be #1 in the World Golf Rankings by a mile. Scott is great though. I can't wait to see what will happen when he can't use his putter anymore.

Dufner and Furyk in the final pairing tomorrow, should be fun to watch. I have nothing against Dufner, I just like Furyk. No matter who wins, however, there will be a minimum of Tiger this, Tiger that, Tiger hitches his belt. Tiger blows his nose ...

I'll be at the PGA tomorrow - should be a great day. I was in the grandstands on 18 in 2003 when Micheel hit his famous shot. Hope we see some magic on Sunday!

Feherty: "And that's jungle-ized ..." :)

Lots of great moments today. Tiger teeing off on #1 at the same time Phil was teeing off on #14 right next to him. Lots of folks wanted to see Tiger and Phil in a final pairing on Sunday - that's the closet they came. Tiger walking to tee #3 and he sees a guy with the biggest afro I have ever seen and he exclaims "Wow!" - made the guy's year :) Kucher in the bunker on #2 - I'm sure he now calls it the bunker of doom as he takes 3 shots in the bunker finally lodging the ball in the side of the bunker - I had never seen that happen before and it appeared the official did not know quite what to do. Seeing multiple triple bogeys ending several players chances at hole #5 - I felt that hole was going to be the deciding one. One of the guys was so disgusted he threw his ball back into the water after leaving the hole. But Dufner birdied it and of course went on to win the championship. That hole was like watching Olympic figure skating. Back in 2003 I decided to stay in the grandstands all day at 18 and was rewarded as Shaun Micheel made his famous shot. This year I decided to roam the course and get up close to the action. I'm glad I did. And what a perfect day in Rochester - let's hope they play another major a decade from now!

I went Monday, Thursday and Sunday.

The announcers raved about the course and the crowds, which they said were the biggest since Hazeltine in 2009.

They indicated Oak Hill was a lock for another PGA in coming years but were very non committal about a Ryder Cup event in the future (I read that as a polite no).

Tons of Syracuse fans in the gallery and SU had one of the corporate tents too.

No question Rochester is a big Syracuse town; no other school was remotely close to SU there.

Empire Brewery was at the Taste of NY tent, giving away free beer, along with other upstate brewers like Ithaca. Some wineries, cheese, maple syrup, yogurt and organic vegetables were also giving small free samples. As 690West can also attest.

Great event. Go next time.

I went Monday, Thursday and Sunday.

The announcers raved about the course and the crowds, which they said were the biggest since Hazeltine in 2009.

They indicated Oak Hill was a lock for another PGA in coming years but were very non committal about a Ryder Cup event in the future (I read that as a polite no).

Tons of Syracuse fans in the gallery and SU had one of the corporate tents too.

No question Rochester is a big Syracuse town; no other school was remotely close to SU there.

Empire Brewery was at the Taste of NY tent, giving away free beer, along with other upstate brewers like Ithaca. Some wineries, cheese, maple syrup, yogurt and organic vegetables were also giving small free samples. As 690West can also attest.

Great event. Go next time.

It was good to see you Tom. I had a hard time leaving that tent!

I went up saturday. The crowds were amazing. The number of people on 13 when dufner was putting was over 10,000

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was there Saturday, I've concluded I am terrible luck as I saw way more bogeys than I did birdies. Next time ill just follow dudes I dislike, like westwood.