If any team has a post season ban does that mean | Syracusefan.com

If any team has a post season ban does that mean

gilardino

Starter
they can not participate in their conference tourney? Example, UNC has a post season ban in 2015. Can they partake in the acc tournament?

they can not participate in their conference tourney? Example, UNC has a post season ban in 2015. Can they partake in the acc tournament?

I think CTO mentioned that UCONN did not participate in the big east tourny. She also mentioned that a conference wouldnt want a team that couldnt partake in the NCAA tourny, to mess things up for the other teams in the conference tourny. As in, if NC State is on the bubble, and we beat em first round, they are out kinda thing.

Undetermined at this time.

We'll find out what the ACC rules are soon enough.

In 1990 NC State was on probation, but the rest of the ACC took a vote and allowed them to participate in the ACCT. However, they weren't allowed to share any of the revenue.

We were on NCAA probation in 1993 and made it to the BE tourny final. It is a conferance decision.

tbouks02 said:
We were on NCAA probation in 1993 and made it to the BE tourny final. It is a conferance decision.

And seton hall destroyed us. 103-73? Think that was the final.

And seton hall destroyed us. 103-73? Think that was the final.
Yes, I was there. That was probably the worst season the BE had in its history. Seton Hall was by far the BE's best team and they were bounced out of the NCAAs after the first weekend. We would have made the tourny if we weren't on probation but we wouldn't have gone far.

We beat a good St. John's team in the semis. That was the year of the 93 blizzard

Up to the conference. The conference tournament is not considered post season.

I haven't read much of the reasons or the sanctions, but I am bummed. (Insert sad face emoticon here)